cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High revolving balances with HIGH APRs!

tag
Startome
Regular Contributor

Re: High revolving balances with HIGH APRs!

Sounds great, 1.5 years is a very short time for paying off that much, so I say good plan and well done when finished. NYC can be a hassle with expenses, everything costs a ton, lol.

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 21 of 23
codimom
Frequent Contributor

If you really want to get rid of it all... first of all stop using them Smiley Happy  Determine your wants versus needs and anything that is not a true need goes away until your debt is more controlled.  and people here know I spout off about the snowball method of paying off debt but it does work.  make minimum payments on all your cards but one... and that one gets all the 'extra' money thrown at it til its gone.  Then move to the next card.  takes effort, but you can do it.

edited because I posted too soon:  I would also check into a local credit union about a cosolidation loan.  However, if you go that route, you still should not use your cards until that loan is gone... I know how easy it is to consolidate the cards, pay them off, then run them right back up.  Try to avoid THAT hole...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 22 of 23
kacyb6

Thanks! i'm using the snowball method.... seemed to make the most sense. 

Appreciate the input!

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.