Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher Credit Lines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Higher Credit Lines

You cannot combine the secured card with the QS. I assume it's QS1. What you can do is product change to the QS and get rid of the annual fee. Use that as your main card for all spending. That card is a good liaison to future prime.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KillerWaves wrote:

You cannot combine the secured card with the QS. I assume it's QS1. What you can do is product change to the QS and get rid of the annual fee. Use that as your main card for all spending. That card is a good liaison to future prime.

Product change?

Message 22 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

SouthJamaica wrote: 

What you should do is pay all but one of your revolving accounts down to zero, prior to the statement cut, and let the other account report a nominal balance.

You cannot combine your Cap One accounts, and should not even do so if you could.

No new applications for anything.

In the future, no more store cards.

If you follow these, your scores and your limits will increase.

Also you can send verification letters to the bureaus, trying to get some of the negatives removed.

What's your definition of normal balance?

I said "nominal" balance.

By nominal balance I mean very little. E.g. $10 to $25.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@KillerWaves wrote:

Product change?

Yah, after 3 months I was able to go in live chat on the website and asked if I could get it changed from quicksilver one to quicksilver. They made the change immediately. That was a few months ago though. Zero harm in asking. Again, I assume you have the Quicksilver One. Regardeless of the product change or not, put all spending on that card. It's a very good starter and you will get increases with utilization. 

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the difference between the two? Yes I have a QS1
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What's the difference between the two? Yes I have a QS1

I can jump in and answer this one for you. QS1 is basically the same as QS, except that QS1 has the $39 annual fee. I started with the QS1 and PCed to the QS after three months. If you PC everything about the card will stay the same, except you will not have the annual fee. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you combine? I couldn't find it online for me either but I called and they did it.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you combine? I couldn't find it online for me either but I called and they did it.

Hi! I'm not sure if you're asking me or another poster. But if it's me, I didn't combine any cards. I only had one Cap1 at the time of my PC, i.e., the QS1. I was only answering the question of the difference between the QS1 and QS. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.