To High when looking for large limits Pay down first

+ Chase ink =

Epic Contributor

Re: Higher limit cards?

myjourney wrote:

QCTRAV wrote:
65 percent

To High when looking for large limits Pay down first

apply for the Duck or Beaver Card... hope you get approved for $15k and BT all this debt to 1 place to bring that util WAY DOWN!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Valued Member

What is the duck or bever card
Starting Fico Score 589 Current 640

QSO $2000 ; Cap 1 Secured $300 ; First Premiere Secured ; $300 ; Piedmont Advantage CU CC $1000 ; Barclay s Rewards $1000 ; Chase Amazon Visa $500

In the Garden 5/14 until 5/15
Epic Contributor

oregon duck card or beaver card... if you google you will find link....

it's a credit union that offers these 2 cards to people outside of oregon and you don't need to joint the credit union and MANY have been applying for last 2 or so weeks on board and getting approvals for $15, $20, and $25k pretty simply.

My partner just got approved for $15k tue.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Valued Contributor

You need to get that util down as low as possible before applying
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$10,000---------$10,750----------$5,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 761

Credit score alone will not grant an approval. With your current util, be prepared for 1. Denial 2. low CL or 3. high APR.
Senior Contributor

65% utilization is way to high, I would recommend your friend pay down  his credit cards to at least 10% . IMO, banks might think giving higher limits with that much util is risky.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

09Lexie wrote:
Credit score alone will not grant an approval. With your current util, be prepared for 1. Denial 2. low CL or 3. high APR.

^ This.  It's never about just one single factor such as score.  There are no simple and direct relationships such as "X score = Y credit limit".

I'm essentiially repeating what Lexie's saying but it can't be emphasized enough.  One can certainly get approvals with high utilization but the terms will not be favorable.  With high utilization Chase would only approve me for a Slate with a $2K limit and the highest APR in the bracket.  Once I dropped my utilization (no other changes aside from ~6 months time) I was able to get cards from Chase with $25K limits and my APR's were at the bottoms of the brackets.  Not saying your friend's credit and situation could support these limits and APR's but just providing that as an example of how limiting high utilization can be.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

QCTRAV wrote:
My friend has a 715 score And is looking for the highest limit card he can get for the score... Any ideas?

QCTRAV wrote:
65 percent

They say util has no history. Imagine you can get a short-term loan to zero your cards. Your score is likely to increase considerably. You apply and get approved for some nice cards; one may come with 0% APR for a year. As months go by, you charge everyday stuff on this card and pay off your loan during the first half year, then focus on bringing down the card the second half year. Some discipline is needed of course.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.