Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest BOA limit ???

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Highest BOA limit ???

I have an older BofA rewards card I rarely use with a limit of $45,000 in the sock drawer. They dropped the limit on me about 3 years ago from $90,000 to $25,000 but I called and raised hell to get it back up to where it is now. Honestly I have no idea how my limit got that high in the first place but at the time it was my only card and it was used for everything. 

Yeah I assume it has to do with relationship as someone mentioned. They hold my mortgage, my personal banking and checking, IRAs and multiple business accounts. 

Message 11 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
Wait ur parents have a 200k limit on their BOA credit card ??? Is this a credit card or line of credit ??

I was just wondering I haven't updated my sig but my current BOA cards have a combined limit of 43.5k, I was just wondering how high I could go...
It's a credit card and they've had it for quite awhile.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 17
youngman1234
Established Contributor

That's Crzy... I was just calculating the interest if a person had a balance that high.... That would be nuts !!!!

Creditscholar, that wasn't offense I'm sure with that limit ur parents PIF and have the ability to pay...

Could u imagine what the min payment would be....lol
Message 13 of 17
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Wow, im jealous....I hate my BankAmericard

No rewards...measly limit...I was happy to get in good with them but I have better cards now.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 14 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
That's Crzy... I was just calculating the interest if a person had a balance that high.... That would be nuts !!!!

Creditscholar, that wasn't offense I'm sure with that limit ur parents PIF and have the ability to pay...

Could u imagine what the min payment would be....lol
They do, but I don't think they use it much these days. It's backed by investments via Merrill Lynch much in the same way that cards issued via CPC or PB have much higher CLs than normal Chase customers. They spend a lot of money on wasteful things though IMO. A few years ago my father spent 3k on a toilet roll holder for a bathroom, and another 4k on a soap dish. I'm all for living well, but that's just ridiculous. When I heard it I tried to be happy for him because he was so excited, but all I could think in my head is "are you kidding me?"
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 17
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

3k for a toilet roll holder? What, it was made of solid gold or what
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 16 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I wonder if he can furnish and decorate an entire bathroom with that $200,000 limit? ;-)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.