Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest CC Category Bonuses

tag
b1gr3dmachin3
Contributor

Re: Highest CC Category Bonuses

@rlx01 wrote:
I love that the SPG is nowhere on this list, yet is arguably the best rewards card on the market (and transfers at 1:1.25 in lots of 20K, thus beating the CSP's 1.07).

Wow, this shows how little I know, when I was going through all the Amex cards, the SPG looks like one of the worst cards??

BoA 123 $2.5k (11/12) // Discover It $3.9k (7/13) // Citi Forward Student $3.8k (7/13) // Chase Freedom 5k (12/13) // Amex Blue Cash 6k (1/15)

Starting Score: No Credit History (11/12)
Current Score: MyFico 761
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@b1gr3dmachin3 wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:
I love that the SPG is nowhere on this list, yet is arguably the best rewards card on the market (and transfers at 1:1.25 in lots of 20K, thus beating the CSP's 1.07).

Wow, this shows how little I know, when I was going through all the Amex cards, the SPG looks like one of the worst cards??

SPG has a lot of supporters and some detractors.   SPG points are very valuable.  In addition to the 1.25x when transferred in lots of 20K, the SPG program has a very large number of partners, bigger than UR and MR.  It also has a low AF.

However, points are hard to earn as most non-Starwood purchases earn just one point.    So you need to spend a lot on the card to reap the benefits, but that is true of most of the good cards.

Message 12 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@b1gr3dmachin3 wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

SPG has a lot of supporters and some detractors.   SPG points are very valuable.  In addition to the 1.25x when transferred in lots of 20K, the SPG program has a very large number of partners, bigger than UR and MR.  It also has a low AF.

However, points are hard to earn as most non-Starwood purchases earn just one point.    So you need to spend a lot on the card to reap the benefits, but that is true of most of the good cards.

Good info longtimelurker 

Good info indeed Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

@b1gr3dmachin3 wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

In my estimation, it's easily Amex's best product.

Message 14 of 15
bribro
Valued Contributor

I love my SPG, but one very important thing to keep in mind is that the points transfers to airline partners are not instant, and can sometimes take weeks. So it's not a good card for trying to book that last minute flight when discount award availability pops up; you'll have to stick with UR and MR for that. Best use of SPG points for me is with SPG hotels.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.