Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest CL Household Bank card??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Highest CL Household Bank card??

I have heard some real high CL on co-branded cards backed by HSBC.

What are those cards please? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Highest CL Household Bank card??

I was thinking maybe GM or what's that charity one?
Message 2 of 5
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have heard some real high CL on co-branded cards backed by HSBC.

What are those cards please? 

Not sure buddy but I can tell you all of mine. Household at 2k, never up, never down, DMB at 4500 but got reduced to 2080, HSBC (original brand) 3800 but went up to 4500 automatically, Orchard was 3500 but closed that long ago, HP Retail card (hsbc backed) 5k, didn't go up or down and I think that's all the "hsbc" backed stuff that I have. Although DMB, Household are sockdrawered until they die on their own, no AF, so let it ride and HSBC cash back one, I use fairly regularly but hoping to replace it with my penfed visa at 10k when it comes and sockdrawer it as well. Did that help any?

ADD: I do know that there is some Amex/HSBC hybrid and Discover/HSBC hybrids that seem to have high limits but no personal experience on that, didn't bother when HSBC decided to be so disrespectful to their customer base, no need to give them more business Smiley Happy My mom used to have a GM card way back in the old days, I was 18 or thereabouts at the time with like 6k limit but she gave that one up like back in 99 or something like that.

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-10-2009 07:11 PM

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Friend of mine had a very high limit on a GM card but I forget the CL. They gave me 5K last year on the plain vanilla no AF. Website updated all purchases immediately which was nice too. 
Message 4 of 5
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

The HSBC Weekender card seems to support relatively high limits.  Actually, any of their "excellent" credit category cards should go to their peak limits.  I know of a couple of people with five figures on those (10k and 20k or so). 

The thing is, HSBC and Cap1 both are misers when it comes to high limits.  I don't think I've ever seen them go above $30k for a cc (usually $10k - $20k), whereas many credit unions offer $50k limits, and Citi, BoA, Amex, etc...have gone to $100k on a single card depending on the variety and your credit/income.  Heck, even Barclay's has gone to $100k spread over two or three cards for some.  Obviously, YMMV, but common sense dictates CCCs with low limit ceilings are going to be much more difficult to hit 5 figure limits than those who are more generous.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.