Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest CL for student card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highest CL for student card?

What is the highest credit limit someone has received on a student cc?

I was thinking of applying for the Citi Forward card, not sure weather to do the student or regular. I figured the student would be easier to get but I really just need a CL over 2k. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest CL for student card?

How do your credit reports and Fico's look?

Edited to correct rather sloppy wording!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Citi Forward earlier this week and was approved for a $4k limit. So I highly recommend them. They used EX, and my EX FAKO at the time was 708. AU on Chase card, two new accounts and util at 32%, no baddies. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I got accepted for the Citi Forward(student cc) with a 4K limit as well. With only 2 years credit history perfect creedit history and 0% utliz

Message 4 of 8
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

My son was just approved for the Citi Forward for Students as well, with the same $4,000 limit. His only other cards are Discover with a $2,500 limit, and a gas card he has never used. His AAoA is over five years as a result of being AU on my AMEX.

Thus, it seems like the product generally comes with a $4,000 limit.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 8
andre181
Established Contributor

The only student card I have anymore is my Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa with a $2,600 CL.

2 years ago, I apped for Citi Forward (non student version) and got a CL of $3,000, and that card now has a $12,000 CL. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Fico is 761

AAoA is 8 Years

(thanks to being an AU on my moms AMEX)

6 accts

UTIL is kind of high  at 70% though just because I have no high limit cards, so if I buy anything moderately expensive it jumps up.
I just wanted a high CL because its not  uncommon for me to put 2-3k at time on the cards, always PIF though. Figured it would be nice to pick of some of the rewards instead of my mom getting all the points when I put it on the AMEX, although she loves it.

Message 7 of 8
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I applied for two student cards when I was a student, Citi ($4000) and Discover($2000), both of which have received large CLIs since.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.