Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest CL on Capital One?

tag
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Highest CL on Capital One?

I'm just curious...what is the highest CL on a Capital One card? Everyone seems to have relatively low limits, regardless of credit history/scores. I've been with Capital One since 2006 and my CL started at $500 but is now at $2500...and has been for about 3-4 years. So what's the highest CL you've heard of or seen with a Capital One card?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Highest CL on Capital One?

@frogfan12 wrote:

I'm just curious...what is the highest CL on a Capital One card? Everyone seems to have relatively low limits, regardless of credit history/scores. I've been with Capital One since 2006 and my CL started at $500 but is now at $2500...and has been for about 3-4 years. So what's the highest CL you've heard of or seen with a Capital One card?

I know the prime cards can get high (Highest i've heard is 10K). I'm sure there's memebers here and elsewhere with higher limits (The very few of them) Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@LS2982 wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

I know the prime cards can get high (Highest i've heard is 10K). I'm sure there's memebers here and elsewhere with higher limits (The very few of them) Smiley Very Happy

+1.   They do offer prime cards, which can likely grow upwards of 20K+.   Also someone recently reporting seeing a Cap1 Signature Visa.

Most of the rebuilder cards have a ceiling of no higher than ~3K, maybe slightly more, many have a lower ceiling, your limit depends on whatever rebuilder bucket Cap1 places you in when you open the card.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Interesting, I didn't think they went that high. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 6
ksquared
Established Member

@frogfan12 wrote:

Interesting, I didn't think they went that high. 

I'm an authorized user on my moms capital one and the limit is 30,000

Message 5 of 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

There are two distinct buckets for CapOne cards.  

The prime bucket likely tops out between $30-50K.  

The credit builder/rebuilder bucket seems to top out at $3K now, though when I had the rebuilder card, it was increased to $3250, but that was pre-recession '08.  Limit didn't budge for over 3 years after the recession started.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.