Bank of America uPromise MasterCard (opened 9/1992) *

Interest Rate: 6.24%

Credit Limit: $33,000

Balance: $0

Citibank Platinum Select MasterCard (opened 1/2009) **

Interest Rate: 6.74%

Credit Limit: $30,000

Balance: $0

Car is paid off, been paid off for 6 years.

----

* This was actually a Citibank MC until about 3/2009 when it was transferred over to BOA when they took over the uPromise card program (owned by Sallie Mae).  It was opened as a MC, then a gold, then a Platinum, then I converted it to a uPromise Platinum.

** Since I was unhappy at being forced to go over to BOA, I opened up a new CB MC with an initial balance of $7,300.  They said they wouldn't entertain balance increases until a year in.  A couple days ago (after 1.5 years), I called and said, guys, increase the CL or I close it.  They initially upped it to $8,700 and then to $30,000 when I complained to a CSR.  They probably did a hard pull, but that's not a big deal since I'm not using my credit anytime soon.

Credit Score (Equifax): 810 (give or take 5 points depending on the phase of the moon).

I run most of my bills through my credit cards and have the credit cards automatically debit my bank account for the balance in full at the end of each cycle.  That way I have active use (rather than put them in the sock drawer), but I don't incur debt.  Annual utilization is about $2,000 to $3,000 for CB and BOA MCs, less for USAA.

Message 21 of 80
chief6309
New Visitor

Re: Highest Credit Line

My personel high was $30,000.00 on an mbna now bofa card, that is now closed. I know a person who has an unlimited line with American Express.

Message 22 of 80
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@chief6309 wrote:

My personel high was $30,000.00 on an mbna now bofa card, that is now closed. I know a person who has an unlimited line with American Express.

Welcome to the forums!

Do you know which Amex card they have?

Message 23 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Years ago I had five Citibank cards and I called them to cancel all but one.   When I was done with the call, the woman on the other end told me, now you have one credit card with a lifetime (ha!) interest rate of 6.99 and a credit line of $120,000.  I almost fainted.  They had taken all my cards and collapsed the credit lines into one.  I had her lower it to 25,000 and then 1 year later the economy exploded and  my lifetime 6.99 went up to 12.13 because "they could" and I cut up the credit card and never used it again.

My highest single credit card credit line is probably $26,000, but I don't use that one because the interest rate is too high.

Jennifer

EQ 754, EX 787, TU 723

Message 24 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

24K with CitiCard Black

Message 25 of 80
MsRefined1

Hi....

I have several credit cards which I am paying off this year, especially since the CC reform act.  My highest CL back in 2008 on any one card was $10K and the lowest being $2K.  Currently, my highest is only $6,400 and the lowest being $400 which has negatively affected by scores somewhat.  Funny thing is, I've never been late in all the years I've had CC's. 

TU 692 as of 7/10

Starting Score: EX 728, EQ 719, TU 714 (12/17/10)
Current Score: EX ???, EQ ???, TU 730 (7/26/11)
Goal Score: All 780 by 12/31/11

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 80
sfflyfish
Established Member

my personal favorite is a Harley-Davidson Visa from US Bank that originally had a 5K limit.

I foolishly lowered it to $1K years ago not understanding the concept of utilization at the time

Out of the blue they increased the line to $15,000? I guess they really, really want me to buy another Harley????

These days I only use it enough to keep it alive.

01/01/2016: TU FICO- 844, EX FICO- 850

Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score.
Message 27 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit lines can go pretty high ($30K+) based on length of credit, income history, payment history etc.  

Message 28 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have $52,000 on a Chase Visa.  I did it years ago when I was buying savings bonds when you could get them on visa and get points.  that is now gone and I just kept it.

Message 29 of 80
DD60
Valued Member

$6,000 Dillard's

$9,500 Home Depot

Starting Score: 777
Current Score: 854
Goal Score: 900

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.