Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Limit Credit Card

tag
k-s
Regular Contributor

Re: Highest Limit Credit Card

Highest limit is 13k on my credit union card. Total limits just over 95k.

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 61 of 115
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@k-s wrote:

Highest limit is 13k on my credit union card. Total limits just over 95k.

Impressive. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 62 of 115
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

CSP @ 13.2k, and totals over $93k. Used to have more, but trimming back for the regularly used cards to grow.

...my bad. CSP not reporting yet. I'm over 100k.

Message 63 of 115
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous @ 13.2k, and totals over $93k. Used to have more, but trimming back for the regularly used cards to grow.

Very good.....Is CSP more than one billing cycle old? If so, it should report. 

Message 64 of 115
sdoonan
Contributor

Highest: Cap1 Quicksilver, 4.5k

Total: 9.5k (will be 11k once Chase Freedom comes in and reports)

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 65 of 115
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous @ 13.2k, and totals over $93k. Used to have more, but trimming back for the regularly used cards to grow.

Very good.....Is CSP more than one billing cycle old? If so, it should report. 

Days old...

Message 66 of 115
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@sdoonan wrote:

Highest: Cap1 Quicksilver, 4.5k

Total: 9.5k (will be 11k once Chase Freedom comes in and reports)

You are making great progress. I can see that AU staus had helped you a bit. 

Message 67 of 115
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@slicemans wrote:

I have a question for all of you.  Did you ask for high credit limit or it automatic increase over the years?

I have never asked for credit line increases-it has been automatic over the yrs. As mentioned previously I was asking a question about a pull for   possible future credit line increase and I was offered it on the spot and I accepted. 

Message 68 of 115
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

@slicemans wrote:

I have a question for all of you.  Did you ask for high credit limit or it automatic increase over the years?

That is a good question. The answer I was looking for was "current" highest credit limit on a single CC. In my case, my original limit on my BoA was $15,000 in 2001 when I had opened up my CC. Then they keep automatic CLI every qurater and every year till 2008. At that point limit was $48,400. Today it is same as well. I could have made some effort and they could had raised (my pay since had more than doubled) my limit. But I did not bother. 

My two newest CC from Chase (Both in July 2014) has starting limit of $26,000 and $32,000 respectively. I would assume and hope that I would get CLI over next several months and probably in few years it would crack $50,000 mark if not more. 

So in a way, if your credit had increased over the years (based on your good spending habits and other factors) it is an accomplishment. But equally important (or even more important) is to get higher limit at the beginning itself. Since your future CLI is going to be based upon your initial credit limit. 

My credit history is more than 25 yrs old and i dont remember my limits being more than $2500 but I also earned less income than I do now. It  has increased over time but  during the economic crunch several years ago many CC companies reduced your credit limit even if you had a good payment history. But its my recent credit cards that has these crazy credit limits > $15,000. I will never come close to using the limit on my card and i am sure if I do they will start keeping a closer eye on me. 

Message 69 of 115
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

Highest limit = $50K on BoA AKair

Total on 6 cards = $153K but that includes Ink Cash ($24K) that doesn't report on my CR's

My limits accomodate my biggest monthly spend at less than 10% util, so I'm happy where they are. Except maybe my Freedom, $10k is my lowest card. No auto-love in 10 months of having the account.

My BoA card was up to $50K in 2006. In 2008 my account got caught in the BoA panic and my limit was nerfed to $18K because BoA thought they were toast. I called for a CLI 2 years ago to get it back to $50K. That triple HP still gets my blood pressure up. My credit has been rock steady when theirs was a hair's breadth from DOA. There is a lesson there, in unusual times credit limits can evaporate overnight due to changes well outside the account holder's circumstances. A good reason to not rely exclusively on big credit limits as an emergency fund. In a widespread economic emergency, those limits may not be there.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 70 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.