Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Limit GE Card to Start?

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

Highest Limit GE Card to Start?

My friend has no inquiries on their transunion and so would be a good candidate for a GE card. Can anybody recommend a card that might start her with a very high limit? As an example: 3000 to 5000 or maybe even more than that?

Her stats are the following:

Fico: 734 (USAA pull)

Inquiries on Transunion which GE pulls (Zero)

Opened 3 credit cards in 9/2012 (2000/3000/6000 limits)

Oldest card: 5.6 years (5000 limit/zero balance)

Utilization: less than 20% approximately 16%

Highest balance/util on a card: $3000 card has a $1500 balance but the rest are below 20%

Cards she is considering:

Banana Republic Visa

Walmart Discover

Chevron Visa

Open to suggestions

She prefers a branded card but would take another card as long as it had a high limit for her utilization and to basically sock drawer it. She wants to establish a relationship with GE, get her UTIL up while having a good card that will give her a high balance and grow with her.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Highest Limit GE Card to Start?

@HappySoda wrote:

My friend has no inquiries on their transunion and so would be a good candidate for a GE card. Can anybody recommend a card that might start her with a very high limit? As an example: 3000 to 5000 or maybe even more than that?

Her stats are the following:

Fico: 734 (USAA pull)

Inquiries on Transunion which GE pulls (Zero)

Opened 3 credit cards in 9/2012 (2000/3000/6000 limits)

Oldest card: 5.6 years (5000 limit/zero balance)

Utilization: less than 20% approximately 16%

Highest balance/util on a card: $3000 card has a $1500 balance but the rest are below 20%

Cards she is considering:

Banana Republic Visa

Walmart Discover

Chevron Visa

Open to suggestions

She prefers a branded card but would take another card as long as it had a high limit for her utilization and to basically sock drawer it. She wants to establish a relationship with GE, get her UTIL up while having a good card that will give her a high balance and grow with her.

Lowes / Walmart / Amazon are the cards that usually give high CL's at account opening with good scores.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

PayPal MasterCard gave me my highest initial CL. At the time, I had JCP, Walmart and Chevron. 

YMMV

Message 3 of 6
bradpitt
Valued Member

Get the Wal-Mart discover.
She should get her Util below 10% or even lower for best result (ie. 2%).  This will raise her fico so getting a limit in the range you specified might be possible.
But the card will grow fast either way so it doesn't matter that much.
Message 4 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Id say Pay Pal extras mastercard some get an istant approval of $3k. Banana Rebublic VISA is an iffy one as well as Chevron but her credit looks good enough to get a good starting CL, My dad had more UTL than your friend and got an instant approval of $2,250 on chevron VISA. It all varies.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Sams Club Discover is also a good one.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.