Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Utilization CC Approvals

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Highest Utilization CC Approvals

Since many people apply at different times of the year, what was your highest utilization and still able to obtain an approval for new credit?  Just want to hear some inspirational 'seemingly impossible' approvals.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
patternofstars7
Contributor

Re: Highest Utilization CC Approvals

I usually have less then 10% but I recenetly got approved for the Citi AA and TY preferred with about 51% Util. I do already have an existing relationship with Citi for about two years though.

Message 2 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

This was a while ago, but I was approved for the CSP with about 18% utilization.

Message 3 of 9
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I believe I'm at about 25% util and was approved for a slew of CLI's as well as BCE and Citi ThankYou Preferred. Not exactly impossibly high util but still a little high lol
Photobucket
Message 4 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

In 2007 I got approved for a Chase Slate with 85% util. (My debt at the time was well over $40k accross all cards) Of course they gave me a 3 digit toy limit. Ha! So much for a BT. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:
I believe I'm at about 25% util and was approved for a slew of CLI's as well as BCE and Citi ThankYou Preferred. Not exactly impossibly high util but still a little high lol

Personally, I don't think 25% is really that high.  

I'd be perfectly comfortable with 25% Utilization, and I think most issuers will be too. 

Message 6 of 9
daveg38
Established Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
In 2007 I got approved for a Chase Slate with 85% util. (My debt at the time was well over $40k accross all cards) Of course they gave me a 3 digit toy limit. Ha! So much for a BT. Smiley Happy

Toy limit or not, that's still commendable.  I had received a CLI with 91% awhile back from Chase and now that I'm doing slightly better, I was fishing for companies who're lenient with extending credit in high UTIL situations.  Yes, I'm aware most creditors see asking for 'more debt' as red flags yet if you're simply trying to take advantage of 0% BT to get away from 22.9% interest 'toy limit' cards, I would hope that someone would understand.  Here's what I'm saying.

Imagine you have Cards A, B, C totalling $5k in credit lines.  You're at 70% utilization for whatever reason.

You apply for 0% BT Card 'D'. You want $3-5k to absorb 22.9% interest cards A and B.  Instead of having A-D, you agree to close A and B after moving the lines over but keep C which is still low.  I guess somewhere in my mind I cannot see why creditors wouldn't steal competitors business and not fret over high utilization when that utilization would, effectively, be lowered (provided payment history is good elsewhere).

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 7 of 9
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I was at around/near 50% util when I was approved for my PRG Amex in June.. I've since cut that down to at/near 30%, and will be apping for the BCP in about 2 weeks Smiley Very Happy Just need to let a few cards report 0 balances first.  everything else is good, so I'm thinking i have a good shot when i do.  Will report back once I do.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 8 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

Since many people apply at different times of the year, what was your highest utilization and still able to obtain an approval for new credit?  Just want to hear some inspirational 'seemingly impossible' approvals.

All of my approvals have been in the 30 to 50% ranges. My declines also.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.