Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest limits on Capital One cards

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Highest limits on Capital One cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I used a Capital One secured card for a year to get my credit scores up, but that was my only card. I have been wanting to add another card...After reading these post, I applied for the Venture & got approved for $15k.

I LOVE myFICO Forums!!! Smiley Happy

EQ 693

TU 718

EX 685

wow that is really amazing, good for you.  not a total shock as your scores are good and you have good internal scoring with cap1.  did you pre-qualify or just pull the trigger?  curious what pre-quality chase would show for you...congrats again, take care of that card

Message 31 of 76
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@TimeLBK wrote:

I have 2...Capital One Quicksilver and Capital One Platinum. Current each have a limit of $400 and $750 respectively. How high of a credit limit can a person receive on these 2 cards? Are they maxed out at $5K or can they actually go higher than that? Something to shoot for.

Thanks!

@not sure your exact question but to answer both...because I hosed my credit I re-started with a cap1 plat @ $ 300 on 9/14 and it went 300>3300>8300>12300 and the only thing I did was max out the card all the time and pif.  I did a pcf rom the plat to a qs1 a year in and on 3/16 I did a pc to a qs wmc and did a pre-qualify for a venture and got 20K.  also got a fu and prg the same week.  everyone likes a happy story, there is mine in a nutshell.  keep it clean and the world is yours

Message 32 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone had to dig deep to find this thread a year later
Message 33 of 76
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lol good catch!  I just now noticed this

Message 34 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the little pre-approval calculator, then I applied. I was looking at the chase sapphire, but I'm going to try to get as close to 800 as i can before applying. 

Message 35 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started my QS on steps with a 500 limit; after 4 months I requested and increase which was immeditaly approved to 3000. When my fifth cycle closed and the day my seventh cycle began, I was upped to 3500. Five months later I got an auto 3k bump to 7K.

Message 36 of 76
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I have 47.5 k TCL over 5 cards.  Wife has Venture One with a 46k CL   System still not letting me merge my cards. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 37 of 76
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah some threads never die!!! Lmao😁😁😁

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 38 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have platinum and QS1 started at 500 each and now platinum is at 6000 pced to QS and QS1 at 4000 also got a venture at 22000 and another QS at 16000. With my experience if ur profile allow its best to apply for a new card will get higher SL

Message 39 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that this is the real beauty of this site....poking around the old threads...

Message 40 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.