Did you mean: 

Highest possible credit line Amex BCP

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: Highest possible credit line Amex BCP

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
$65K is a lot! Why would you need any more?!

That may be alot for you and many others,  but for the OP it may just be adaquate. Personally I run alot through my cards also and $65k on a single card would run out. 

Do you mean you spend 65k on one card or across several. Because on his signature he has nice limits on many. For him to run out and need $200k he'd need to be in the top 5% of the population. Or headed for bankruptcy.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 21 of 32
Ammer
New Contributor

I don't really need more but s always bigger is better :-)

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 22 of 32
Ammer
New Contributor

yes, I needed to provide the 4506-T. 6 month later my wife got 50K on her BCP and then they didn't need it agaim

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 23 of 32
Ammer
New Contributor

I updated my signature, was fairly outdated. If I look at it myself I'm wondering about the CSP. The CSP was my first prime card and its stuck at 16K. Chase even raised the Freedom fom 3K to 5.4K without asking but no Auto-CLI for the CSP. although I run 5K through it every month. I'm still wondering about the 50K on the Venture that I got directly with the approval. 

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Ammer wrote:
Hey,
I got 65K on my BCP right now and I'm up for a 3x request. Is it possible to get that card to 195K ???
What is the highest credit line you've seen for the BCP so far? Income 250K overall credit lines at all lenders at 250K, all cards paid of every month.

I've now seen it on all on this forum. Why not just go for the gusto and ask for 1.9 million?

Why is this much different from the endless "must get CLI" "card must grow with me" posts we see all the time.   Most people have no real use for $20K cards but still request CLIs.   The same (bad IMO) arguments apply to this as to those.

To each his own.  No beef with him.  Woman Very Happy  

I do need the 20k or greater limit on one card since we are decorating/furnishing our home right now and it is very easy to spend 5k on something.  Which will keep ut down on that one card.  I can't speak for anyone else.  It really depends on your life style as you suggested.  Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 32
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Ammer wrote:

I updated my signature, was fairly outdated. If I look at it myself I'm wondering about the CSP. The CSP was my first prime card and its stuck at 16K. Chase even raised the Freedom fom 3K to 5.4K without asking but no Auto-CLI for the CSP. although I run 5K through it every month. I'm still wondering about the 50K on the Venture that I got directly with the approval. 

Chase is conservative on the auto credit increases from what I see. I have the CSP and Freedom as well. I've not gotten any auto CLI. They gave me a Freedom at like $10k when my biggest line then was probably $1250 at the time. Then the CSP was even more than that. But they have sat since then. 

Meanwhile, I go for a BCP and they only give me 2k as a starting limit. Who knows? It's so hard to figure out sometimes. 

Message 26 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just go apply for new chase card like united and transfer the limit to CSP!
Message 27 of 32
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@Ammer wrote:
Hey,
I got 65K on my BCP right now and I'm up for a 3x request. Is it possible to get that card to 195K ???
What is the highest credit line you've seen for the BCP so far? Income 250K overall credit lines at all lenders at 250K, all cards paid of every month.

OP:  I have a question.  You stated your income is 250K.  Is that you only, or your wife also?  Don't mean to be nosy, but I ask for a reason related to my recent submission of the 4506-T to Amex.  You stated your wife had a CL of 50K as well as your 65k, 25k, and 20k.  I ask because my wife and I have separate Amex revolvers, but only my income.  I have request a CLI beyond my current 34K.  The wife has 30K.  I was required to submit the 4506-T for them to process the request.  We file jointly.  From the sound of one of your posts, Amex may have considered your wife's account when they processed the 4506-T you submitted.

Edited:  I just noticed I missed your SPG.  You have 110K with Amex just on you.

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 28 of 32
Ammer
New Contributor

if you file joinlty then your income to them is 'your' income + your wife's income. In your case 64K. They can't separate the incomes through a 4506-T, they only see the total.

" From the sound of one of your posts, Amex may have considered your wife's account when they processed the 4506-T you submitted."

--- They did and you should always at any credit card application give the banks your combined income. And this is not a trick or loophole, it's actually correct since this is money that you can use to pay them off.

Since I can tell the banks 250K and my wife also, we have actually a combined credit line of over $500.000. I sometimes dream of using that all up and go back to Germany where I actually came from originally 6 years ago. BTW, my credit history in the USA is only 6 years old and still my credit scores are all over 790 and I have all these high limits. Reading this forum really helps.

Message 29 of 32
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Ammer wrote:

if you file joinlty then your income to them is 'your' income + your wife's income. In your case 64K. They can't separate the incomes through a 4506-T, they only see the total.

" From the sound of one of your posts, Amex may have considered your wife's account when they processed the 4506-T you submitted."

--- They did and you should always at any credit card application give the banks your combined income. And this is not a trick or loophole, it's actually correct since this is money that you can use to pay them off.

Since I can tell the banks 250K and my wife also, we have actually a combined credit line of over $500.000. I sometimes dream of using that all up and go back to Germany where I actually came from originally 6 years ago. BTW, my credit history in the USA is only 6 years old and still my credit scores are all over 790 and I have all these high limits. Reading this forum really helps.

That's interesting that you're from Germany. I'm going there on vacation this summer.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.