Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest possible credit line Amex BCP

tag
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: Highest possible credit line Amex BCP

@Ammer wrote:

if you file joinlty then your income to them is 'your' income + your wife's income. In your case 64K. They can't separate the incomes through a 4506-T, they only see the total.

" From the sound of one of your posts, Amex may have considered your wife's account when they processed the 4506-T you submitted."

--- They did and you should always at any credit card application give the banks your combined income. And this is not a trick or loophole, it's actually correct since this is money that you can use to pay them off.

Since I can tell the banks 250K and my wife also, we have actually a combined credit line of over $500.000. I sometimes dream of using that all up and go back to Germany where I actually came from originally 6 years ago. BTW, my credit history in the USA is only 6 years old and still my credit scores are all over 790 and I have all these high limits. Reading this forum really helps.

Thanks for the reply OP.  My income is 175K approx.  It's actually higher when reimbursements charged on my accounts are considered.  I just sybmitted the form again (appparently I forgot to check a box a couple weeks ago).  Anyhow, with 250k Amex is good with giving you 110K and your wife 50k.  I currently am asking for 40k for me (up from 34k) and my wife has a 30 k limit (for a total of 70k based on a 175k income).  Just wondering if it would support it in Amex's eyes.  Thanks.

Edited due to a misread (again):  your combined income is 250K, total combine CL is 500K.  This works out well comparison wise.  My 175K income (wife zero) should support the combined 285k we have and the additonal 6k I'm requesting.

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 31 of 32
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Highest possible credit line Amex BCP

These are some serious high limits being discussed. I guess if the income supports it in their view, the limits can go up to anything they'd like. Especially if they know the spend it being put on and paid back.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.