cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest single Amex CL with 5-figure income w/o IV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highest single Amex CL with 5-figure income w/o IV?

I'm curious what the highest CL anyone has gotten a single Amex account when the card holder hasn't provided IV and has a 5-figure income.  I've seen some higher limits with 6-figure+ income, but I'm looking for 5-figure income datapoints.  Also, I'm most interested in hearing from those that have only 1 Amex card, so that there isn't a maximum exposure constraint due to having multiple accounts.  Whatever your CL is on your Amex card, it would be cool to hear how it progressed from CLI to CLI over time and how long it took you to get to X credit limit without IV.  Thank you for your contributions as always, everyone.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest single Amex CL with 5-figure income w/o IV?

I have a 20k BCE with 36k reported income. Total cl across is 61k.
No IV. Started as a 15k ,got a 5k cli l. 9 months old account. Only amex card ever.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have a 5 figure income of close to $60,000(in social services 6 figure is but a dream), I have a BCE and a Green at the moment which obviously has the NPSL. My BCE has a limit of $25,600. I've had the card for about a year and a half with a SL of $5k. I have never asked for 3 times the limit, but I have asked for increases prior to the "normal" time frame (I don't have an exact amount of time between each increase). I believe I went from $5k to $7k to $12k to $18k to what I have now. Never got the IV. I pay in full each month, and always have. I am personally hesitant to ask for more, $25k is more then enough for me, and I don't want to have to provide income verifications, so I think at this point I am going to just see if they eventually give me an increase on their own. 

Edit to add income

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

my 25k ED is the highest single card I have with them. It was 8k, they never would give me a CLI on it so I closed the personal 18k SPG and they let me move 17k to the ED. On the business side I have two 10k's and a 2k, they won't give me any CLI there because I don't make enough money (personal income is around the 60k mark at the moment).

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has a $32,500 BCE and a $1k SPG card. Available credit was transfered from the SPG card though as we had planned on closing it but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Neither card is being used and hasn't been used for some time though.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone pushed a single Amex card to a near $50k CL with sub-six figure income and no IV over time?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was at 30k on my ED when it was time to be able to get another increase. Was nervous so I only went with a 5k increase and got it to 35k. It started out as a 2k limit 2-2.5 years ago. 65k reported income and no verification needed yet. I did have an AMEX PRG for a bit, but closed it about a year ago so the ED is my only card with them. No other accounts either.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I've gotten two $5k increases for my last 2 Amex CLIs. Slowly inching it upward... I just wonder at what point the ceiling is hit and without IV nothing else is possible.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried increasing my $11k limit to $20k, and they countered with $18.4k, so that's my current credit limit.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the highest CL I recall reading about from an Amex card was about $60k where the person had reported getting there with no IV, but I'm 100% sure their income was 6-figures.  I started this thread for 5-figure income, as I believe there are far more people in that income range, so I'd like to know what the max is for that group.  I would think the major variables that go into this are income and the amount of time the account has been open.  There are other variables as well of course, such as credit profile/score, spend/payment pattern, etc. but I'm more or less assuming those other variables are top notch for the sake of this discussion.  I'm trying to isolate just the variables of income and time, so by putting a constraint on income really it just comes down to time and I would think on a long enough time line (say several years) we'd be able to determine where the potential "ceiling" exists.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.