cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest single Amex CL with 5-figure income w/o IV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest single Amex CL with 5-figure income w/o IV?

Opened BCE in 02/2015 at $3.5k CL with six months of credit history. Increased to 10k and then 15k limit before the end of 2015. I think I reported income as either $20k or $25k (college kid). That was my only amex card until 08/2017 when I applied for the ED. They gave me a $12k CL but decreased my BCE down to $8k (from 15k). So an additional $5k credit for a total exposure of $20k. Reported income as $30k. Never any income verification. So my total exposure with them has always been about 2/3 of my reported income.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest single Amex CL with 5-figure income w/o IV?

I have heard the 2/3 ratio thrown out in the past with Amex, so perhaps it does hold water.

This would mean that someone with a high 5-figure income, say $90k, could obtain a single Amex revolver with a CL of $60k without IV.  Of course, it would likely take a good amount of time to get to that limit without IV, likely receiving CLIs of ~$5k every 6 months if requested assuming a healthy spend/PIF pattern.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.