cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilarious! CapitalOne just closed my account and i couldn't help but laugh at the reason.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilarious! CapitalOne just closed my account and i couldn't help but laugh at the reason.

That's super weird. I doubt a random call to a random CSR caused all of this to happen. It must have been something in the computer algorithim.

We put a ton of spending on our Business Amex and Chase INK card (we are a small business) and they never have given us any push back. Then again, we aren't doing anything 'shady'.
Message 21 of 23
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Hilarious! CapitalOne just closed my account and i couldn't help but laugh at the reason.

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

What kind of purchases did you make that were so unusual?  Usually Cap1 is unshakable...

Just curious...

Oh...I know you might be thinking about MS. Here's the kicker, its not. I had purchases from Bestbuy, Dell, Staples etc.

Are you a reseller? Were you buying multiple computers or iphones or something like that? Wondering how they could justify the purchases were not normal household spending.  Or was the cumulative spend more than the income you had listed on your applications?

Message 22 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@manyquestions wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

What kind of purchases did you make that were so unusual?  Usually Cap1 is unshakable...

Just curious...

Oh...I know you might be thinking about MS. Here's the kicker, its not. I had purchases from Bestbuy, Dell, Staples etc.

Are you a reseller? Were you buying multiple computers or iphones or something like that? Wondering how they could justify the purchases were not normal household spending.  Or was the cumulative spend more than the income you had listed on your applications?

All we can do is speculate, but I'm leaning toward this ^^^.

OP, I'm truly sorry this happened, and I appreciate your coming on here to tell us about it.  I also suspect that calling them "put eyes" on your accounts, but again that's just my personal thoughts and we have no way of knowing for sure if it would have made a difference (or not). 

Like you mention, you'll likely be able to get new accounts with them in the future if you choose to.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.