Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilarious chat with Barclays after CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilarious chat with Barclays after CLD

They're a creditor and as such hold the keys to the gold.

This incident showed you that they could not meet your credit needs at the time, and you did as you should have by cutting the cord. Best of luck in your future endeavours in the world of revolving credit.
Message 21 of 54
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Totally agree dude.  During the conversation, the portfolio guy even commended me on how well I am managing my credit.  You really can't make this stuff up. 

Crazytown, I tell you. lol

Yep.

They ALWAYS said the exact same thing to me in the 2 years i held their cards and called in for anything.

It's part of their canned response for most. Typical hot air balloon lingo for them.

They absolutely love to be detested Smiley Very Happy

They are nothing but a big bag of wind.

To you maybe. I have had nothing but a great experience with them.  Do you think 2 years is a long time customer? Is 1 year? I personally don't.    Maybe because I have had a card with them since 2008.  Haven't used it in a few years but still get auto CLI's regularly.  Banks are allowed to look at a persons entire portfolio and choose how to act with that customer and we have a choice not to bank with them.  It sems people are always chasing the next new thing (sign up bonus, etc.). Their  However, I feel banks and companies reward their loyal customers.  As an example. I've been with Cox for over 15 years, called up yesterday and received $25 off a month for 24 months just by asking.  I bet I wouldn't have received that if I was only with them for 2 years. 

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 22 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened an account with Barclays last November, after holding a discover secured for one year. Approved for Citi DC ($1k) and Chase Slate ($3,2k, now $4.2k) and no AA from Barclays just yet...So I guess Barclays is more of a YMMV type.

Message 23 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

These posts always make me nervous about my own situation. I was approved for the JetBlue cc in April 2016 (after a successful recon). Since then I've opened approximately 16-18 other new accounts. I have not received any AA from Barclays but boy am I on pins and needles. 

I'm hoping to be able to upgrade this card to the Plus version..... but idk maybe I should get out while I'm ahead? I have $900 balance remaining on this card from a 0%APR BT offer that  I'm currently taking advantage of. After I pay this is may have re-evaluate things.

Message 24 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worrying about Barclaycard is like worrying if the sun is going to come up, So unless your name is Dr. Acula i'd put that behind you.

Just keep managing your credit responsibly and if the other shoe drops, then it drops and you deal with it however you feel is best at that time.
Message 25 of 54
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Banks and companies will probably reward their loyal customers so long as they see profit. The moment they feel differently, no amount of customer loyalty will stop them from cutting the cordSmiley Wink
Message 26 of 54
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Banks and companies will probably reward their loyal customers so long as they see profit. The moment they feel differently, no amount of customer loyalty will stop them from cutting the cordSmiley Wink

Those who have had and continue to have a positive experience with them? Good for you.

We all have those certain choice lenders where we question their tactics/policy and lean to those who treat us equally enough.

Never had the unfortune to fall to Barclays snap decision to pull back like many others did but then after a couple or so years that was as far as i was willing to risk with them because it only takes one smackdown to upset your whole progress efforts. A risk 4 this cardholder which was not worth damaging credibility with other much more stable steady lenders who pace differently.

Some harbor good expectations of being rewarded by lender's who enjoy growing with you not against those good efforts. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

AFAIK, All i've done thus far is cost them money. I've gotten a 5K/1K/90D promo out of them no less than 10 times combined on my Aviator(s), AF's refunded. One of them even has the yearly 10K bonus. This is all on top of the SUBs. I've taken them for at least 180K AA miles and $300 in AF over the last two years.

Message 28 of 54
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I love it. Yeah definitely a strange breed, I gotta admit tho I did kind of enjoy sending them to hell.  It's a great campfire story  Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdchrgrboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

Totally agree dude.  During the conversation, the portfolio guy even commended me on how well I am managing my credit.  You really can't make this stuff up. 

Crazytown, I tell you. lol

Yep.

They ALWAYS said the exact same thing to me in the 2 years i held their cards and called in for anything.

It's part of their canned response for most. Typical hot air balloon lingo for them.

They absolutely love to be detested Smiley Very Happy

They are nothing but a big bag of wind.

To you maybe. I have had nothing but a great experience with them.  Do you think 2 years is a long time customer? Is 1 year? I personally don't.    Maybe because I have had a card with them since 2008.  Haven't used it in a few years but still get auto CLI's regularly.  Banks are allowed to look at a persons entire portfolio and choose how to act with that customer and we have a choice not to bank with them.  It sems people are always chasing the next new thing (sign up bonus, etc.). Their  However, I feel banks and companies reward their loyal customers.  As an example. I've been with Cox for over 15 years, called up yesterday and received $25 off a month for 24 months just by asking.  I bet I wouldn't have received that if I was only with them for 2 years. 

Lol!!!!

I'm glad you have experienced a wonderful relationship! Don't think for one minute they won't AA you because you have been a loyal, dedicated customer since 2008. They will wack you just as quick as the next person. Banks love no one and they don't know the meaning of loyalty.

Barclays= Wind Bag

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.