Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilarious chat with Barclays after CLD

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! One of my highlight days was the day I closed my Barclays card. Don't care if they offered 20% cash back I still would not go back to them. Smiley Happy

+1

Me either, I closed my Ring Card and my Cashforward last year. I beat them to the punch. Was tired of having to worry about them.

My Barclaycard rewards card just went into the eternal sock drawer today.

I AA'd them before they AA'd me. You may want to consider the same. just sayin...

Should I just close it?

Honestly, thats a personal decision. No one should tell you what you should keep or close. I said you may want to consider it. But in no way would I ever tell anyone that they should close something.

The farthest I will go is telling somebody to throw their Credit One Card in the trash can. After cutting it up that is.

But seriously, your call on what your happy or unhappy with. Dont let anyone persuade you into closing Barclays if your not comfortable with it. If it works for you, go with it. 

Message 51 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! One of my highlight days was the day I closed my Barclays card. Don't care if they offered 20% cash back I still would not go back to them. Smiley Happy

+1

Me either, I closed my Ring Card and my Cashforward last year. I beat them to the punch. Was tired of having to worry about them.

My Barclaycard rewards card just went into the eternal sock drawer today.

I AA'd them before they AA'd me. You may want to consider the same. just sayin...

Should I just close it?

Honestly, thats a personal decision. No one should tell you what you should keep or close. I said you may want to consider it. But in no way would I ever tell anyone that they should close something.

The farthest I will go is telling somebody to throw their Credit One Card in the trash can. After cutting it up that is.

But seriously, your call on what your happy or unhappy with. Dont let anyone persuade you into closing Barclays if your not comfortable with it. If it works for you, go with it. 

A friend who works in banking told me to leave it open, and let whatever happens happens to it. I do appreciate your advice, though. I will think about it for a few months - the card is maybe only 5 months old.

Message 52 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leezy.... your decision but I personally agree with Donny. I felt the same. Sock drawer wasn't good enough for me. I didn't want a "closed by consumer" on my account nor did I want to get screwed like some so where they lower the limit to $100 on your $95 balance or lower it to $450 on your $440 balance. And they do-then you are 90% utilized. Your FICO tanks, and you wished you would have AA'd them first.

So, while I agree everything is a YMMV thing and you should make your own financial decisions-my vote would be to close. But... I love my USBank card and love USBank. Most don't on here. Some like WF, most don't. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks-only you. IMO the purpose of this forum is to have tons of opinions and facts come together to help us all make informed choices. I get upset when people get rude if you don't agree or rude if you say you like something and they don't, etc... it's not about having 100% the same opinion and end result. We would all have the same card portfolio then. Smiley Happy

GL in your decision.
Message 53 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@leezy.... your decision but I personally agree with Donny. I felt the same. Sock drawer wasn't good enough for me. I didn't want a "closed by consumer" on my account nor did I want to get screwed like some so where they lower the limit to $100 on your $95 balance or lower it to $450 on your $440 balance. And they do-then you are 90% utilized. Your FICO tanks, and you wished you would have AA'd them first.

So, while I agree everything is a YMMV thing and you should make your own financial decisions-my vote would be to close. But... I love my USBank card and love USBank. Most don't on here. Some like WF, most don't. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks-only you. IMO the purpose of this forum is to have tons of opinions and facts come together to help us all make informed choices. I get upset when people get rude if you don't agree or rude if you say you like something and they don't, etc... it's not about having 100% the same opinion and end result. We would all have the same card portfolio then. Smiley Happy

GL in your decision.

I appreciate everyone's advice on this forum...it has really guided me to making smarter decisions.

Neither card I mentioned is currently being used - and I don't imagine Discover would CLD me when my limit is currently $200...though one never knows... ;-)

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.