tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Hilton CC

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Right, theres nothing wrong with your suggestion. I was just giving a general statement not to take too much stock in what an "expert" says if the points mean nothing for your spend.

The points guy does indeed go over his valuation of every cards points. Problem is value is subjective.

True true.... I guess I shouldve mentioned I disregard how others value points when I read certain articles, since it varies based on perspective. Plus the post I read I believe is a year old or more, so things may have changed.

All the cards earn the same kind of points, so the hold the same point value.

I just meant in general. Some value points from Chase more than points from Amex and vice-versa. Some value cash back over points, and would use the cash back to save up for a hotel stay instead of spending to earn points toward one. YMMV.

Got it.  I think we have the same approach to travel bloggers.  I find the facts they gather about cards helpful, but I always use my own criteria before I decide if a card is right for me.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunkissed wrote:

Got it.  I think we have the same approach to travel bloggers.  I find the facts they gather about cards helpful, but I always use my own criteria before I decide if a card is right for me.

Which is always a good idea. Writers are always biased to some degree. Just have to piece out the important info and make your own decision.

Message 12 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Its useful to get the info but yes all writers are biased based on their own habits and spend
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The citi no-fee card is the prettiest. Subjective? Check! 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.