Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton matching hotel status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilton matching hotel status

@elim wrote:

eh, what the heck.   I thought about grabbing both City and Surpass in one shot, after my garden, to fund my HH account anyway.   That will give me gold to start.

How many nights a year do you stay at hilton properties????  There are way better deals out there for hotels, especially burning 2 inquiries...but if you do stay often, idk even the 12 hhonors points a dollar sometimes doesnt makes since because its really only 6%.... 

i got diamond elite for free just by getting the IHG...but by the time the card comes it would be too late to do that anyway.....

Message 11 of 23
elim
Senior Contributor

lol, they gave me silver from marriott status.    funny     :]     pretty worthless.

This is a great opportunity if someone has a good status on any hotel loyalty program.

CONGRATULATIONS!
We’ve matched your status through March 31, 2017. YOUR SILVER ELITE STATUS AWAITS.

Your loyalty means the world to us — thank you. Now, you can greet more getaways with Silver Elite status. Earn more HHonors Bonus Points to get you to free stays even faster at more than 4,400 hotels and resorts worldwide. Ready, set and start earning even more HHonors Points today.

ENJOY YOUR NEW BENEFITS:
• Earn a 15% bonus on HHonors Base Points on all stays
• Late check-out when available1
• Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs2

And to help you access HHonors on-the-go, download the HHonors apps for iPhone®, Android™ and Windows® Phone to book stays, manage your account, view your card and much more.

Hilton HHonors Card
Message 12 of 23
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

eh, what the heck.   I thought about grabbing both City and Surpass in one shot, after my garden, to fund my HH account anyway.   That will give me gold to start.

How many nights a year do you stay at hilton properties????  There are way better deals out there for hotels, especially burning 2 inquiries...but if you do stay often, idk even the 12 hhonors points a dollar sometimes doesnt makes since because its really only 6%.... 

i got diamond elite for free just by getting the IHG...but by the time the card comes it would be too late to do that anyway.....

I stayed 2 nights last year without a rewards number   :]    last minute trip to buy a car.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got matched to Diamond.

Message 14 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I received Diamond today too!
Message 15 of 23
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Darn, missed this by one day...

Message 16 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Haven't heard anything back about my request =/

I'd dig that guaranteed exec lounge access with hilton too. Gives me more options. I like to stay with marriott because of the exec lounge access.
Message 17 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Haven't heard anything back about my request =/

I'd dig that guaranteed exec lounge access with hilton too. Gives me more options. I like to stay with marriott because of the exec lounge access.

What did you use to request the match?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 18 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I had 46 nights with marriott in 2015, so I used my marriott status. Hilton diamond is 30 stays or 60 nights, so technically (and hilton doesn't know) if all my marriott stays were 1 night, I could qualify for hilton diamond if I was to switch. Smiley Tongue

I get auto hilton gold from my plat card, but I'd like diamond status.
Message 19 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I had 46 nights with marriott in 2015, so I used my marriott status. Hilton diamond is 30 stays or 60 nights, so technically (and hilton doesn't know) if all my marriott stays were 1 night, I could qualify for hilton diamond if I was to switch. Smiley Tongue

I get auto hilton gold from my plat card, but I'd like diamond status.

I think this is why its taking longer than usual.

Marriott Gold has generally been mapped to Hilton Gold according to several other people. However yours may be in the process of being manually reviewed because you're essentially on the borderline.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.