Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History Dropped off Report

tag
julieintown
New Visitor

History Dropped off Report

I had an extensive good history of credit that dropped off my reports after a 10 yr period of time I paid cash for everything not realizing my old credit history would drop off.  A few years ago I realized I had no credit when I when to lease a copier for the office.  I have built my credit back by opening new accounts but am getting hurt on my score becasue I only show a three year history.  I'm in my 50's and have an extensive good history but it fell off.  Can I request agencies to put it back on and how do I make that request to the three agencies?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: History Dropped off Report

I don't believe that it's up to the CBs to put that information back on there. It would be the creditor that would submit the information to the CBs. I could be wrong though and I'm sure others will chime in. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, once it's off its off. The best thing to do now is continue aging your existing portfolio.
Message 3 of 9
knoregs
Established Contributor

You won't be getting the old history back but the good news is that a three year history is long enough to have a very good credit score.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 4 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Did you have an Amex before? Amex backdating can save you. It saved me.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 9
PCMedic
New Contributor

+1

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $5500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $4000 | Walmart $50000 | PayPal CS $1400 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 9
hot4u
Established Contributor

@julieintown wrote:

I had an extensive good history of credit that dropped off my reports after a 10 yr period of time I paid cash for everything not realizing my old credit history would drop off.  A few years ago I realized I had no credit when I when to lease a copier for the office.  I have built my credit back by opening new accounts but am getting hurt on my score becasue I only show a three year history.  I'm in my 50's and have an extensive good history but it fell off.  Can I request agencies to put it back on and how do I make that request to the three agencies?

Was in your same shoes 2 Years Ago.. Paid cash for everything...

I had to learn to crawl again..Smiley Frustrated

Even thought about putting up $10,000.00 for a Amex Secured Card.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 8 of 9
red259
Super Contributor

@julieintown wrote:

I had an outstanding history when I was in college and then like you at one point in my life I switched over to using cash (actually debit cards) for everything for years and all that history dropped off. It is a real pain to start over, but 3 years of history isn't bad at all. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.