Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History of Amex Backdating...

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

History of Amex Backdating...

I have been thinking about this for a while. Not sure if there's another thread on this. Atleast one I couldn't find. Why does Amex backdate their membership? How long have they been doing this? And why don't other lenders follow suit??

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: History of Amex Backdating...

Once a member, always a member. Probably why they take it so 'personally' if you ever burn them. Lol
Message 2 of 4
RSCo
Established Contributor

Not sure why.. But I would love it if Citi did it... Had a card with them for 14 yrs and the 2 most recent ones show 2013.. sucks..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 3 of 4
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

I have been thinking about this for a while. Not sure if there's another thread on this. Atleast one I couldn't find. Why does Amex backdate their membership? How long have they been doing this? And why don't other lenders follow suit??

You might want to look for my AMEX "backdate" threads.  I've covered a lot of this over the last year.

"Why?":  It's one of the unique "privileges" of being a member of AMEX.

"How long?"  They've always done it.

"Why no one else does it?"   AMEX started out in travel services, they got into finance and carried over, or applied,  some of their membership rules to that area as well.  That's why they're able to "back date" where other lenders aren't.  They're "grandfathered" in essentially.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.