Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History with Tiffany Financing anyone?

tag
lonerower
New Contributor

History with Tiffany Financing anyone?

Does anyone have any history with Tiffany & Co. Financing?  Purchase amount, credit line given, income, credit score, and that sort of info.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mads8
Established Member

Re: History with Tiffany Financing anyone?

I am looking for the same information. If anyone knows please respond!

Cap One Quicksilver 500, Cap One Quicksilver 750, VS 400, Buckle 250, Express 300, Ann Taylor 250, Amazon Store Card 1900, Walmart 600, Barclays Financing Visa Card 2000, BestBuy MC Gold 500 Target 300
EQ 650 3/5/14
TU WALMART 675 3/5/14
Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I searched the board not much there. Link below.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=foru...

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
lonerower
New Contributor

Made a $7500 purchase using the Tifffany finacing option.  It was a very easy process.  I filled out the standard credit form that asks for the basic of income, residency, and other usual information.  The sales person calls in the information and within about 5 minutes I was done.  Terms were 14 months at 0%.  It was 14 months because of a delay in when the first payment is due.  Actual term was 12 months as the paperwork reads.  I was told shows as an installment loan which is good in my opinion.  The rest of the terms was 50% down.  I used a 0% credit card for this payment.

The approval is pretty easy as long as you don't have a bad history and income to support the purchase.  My score was 650 EQ.  Believe it or not larger purchases of $10,000 or more usually have a 20% down instead of 50%.  The girl at Tiffany's tried to explain why to me but I did not understand.  I was going to do 50% even if the terms required less.

For those that say this is a bad idea I have this:  I have the cash in the bank.  This is a purchase that can be paid over 1 year with no interest and no fees of any kind.  As long as you are making resposible purchases it is a no brainer to use someone elses money.  The problem begins when you use credit and your cash and have nothing in reserve.  

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I applied yrs ago online for the Tiffany's credit card, instant $2 k approval. They are pretty stringent , and at the time my Fico scores were high 700"s, long before the BKSmiley Sad I had applied a few times before and always denied due to my high balance on several revolving accounts, but once I paid off those cards and my util dropped, I was approved. They started me at $2k eventually hit to $6k over the course of 5 yrs.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.