cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit $75k in credit, 1.6 yrs post BK7. WOW!!

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Hit $75k in credit, 1.6 yrs post BK7. WOW!!

That's GREAT progress! Most of your scores are in the same range as mine but many of those lenders don't show me the same love. 

I owed Chase $81k when I filed for BK 6 years ago.  Also had a couple of AMEX cards with substantial balances.  Would like to get back in with AMEX but I doubt either of them will welcome me back to their family.  Cap 1 forgave me though Smiley Happy

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 31 of 71
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you everyone!!!
Message 32 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man that looks great, anyway I can boost the limits on the cards I have in a few months?

Message 33 of 71
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

That's it? That's all you got? Did you miss the lectures on Lowe's & Discover CLIs?

Attendance is mandatory, 10-20% of your final grade.

B- 

Get with the program before the end of the semester and final grades are calculated!Smiley Mad

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 34 of 71
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well, if you look in my Siggy, you'll see I'm way past that from when I originally posted this threadSmiley Happy
Message 35 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

First, I've to say that I wouldn't be where I am today without this forum.... It saved my life, and the knowledge and help of everyone. It's seems surreal right now that I have all this credit available to me. I have busted my butt to rebuild, and prove to the CCC that I'm a good risk again. I've kept a 1% util reporting for the last 1.6 yrs. I use all my cards, and I only let one report a small balance every month. I'm super blessed right now, and I only charge what I can come home and turn around and pay off that day. 

Ive made sure that I'll never rack up CC debt again like I did before BK. I must be doing something right and my creditors like what they are seeing from me to be able to get the credit I have. Anyway... Here's my list ~~~~

my BK7 was discharged August 2013

Total Credit Card lines~ $75,680, plus a $15k LOC

Navy FCU Visa.........$14k

Cap1 Venture...........$10k

Cap1 QS Siggy.........$10k

Barclays rewards......$4530

Barclays Sallie Mae..$1200

Discover ..................$800 ( I'll have this to 1200 in 6 months)

Care Credit..............$7k

Walmart...................$5900

JCP...................... ...$3500

Amazon....................$3500

Gap...........................$3500

Lowes.................... ..$300 (I'll have this to 3k in a few months)

J Crew......................$8250

First of all, good job in rebuilding your credit. However, it seems you're on a path to danger again if you're tempted to spend yourself into another debt spiral.

It's good to show us all those beautiful CLs but the temptation must be so great to spend - how are you controlling yourself from going into the black hole again?

Message 36 of 71
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Well, if you look in my Siggy, you'll see I'm way past that from when I originally posted this threadSmiley Happy

WHAT!

Now you're dropping down to a C! Do you honestly think that shoddy bandage you simply slapped on is acceptable?

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 37 of 71
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Actually balboa...

It's not hard at all. I can barely meet the spend requirement on the venture with just my normal bills. I don't spend frivolously anymore. It's weird because Ill go to the mall and look around and have no desire to spend on my cards. If I do, it has to be for only what I need at the time and what I can turn around and PIf as soon as I get home. Learned my lesson, and the temptation isn't there at all to spend, only to app lol.

This is a common misconception amongst several posters here on myfico, including you, that everyone who has filed BK in past will "go back to their old ways". Give that crap a break. Not everyone does, and I most certainly will not. How about giving me a break and a tiny bit of support and encouragement for once, instead of always insinuating that I'm gonna go back in debt. 1% total util reporting hardly says thatSmiley Wink
Message 38 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some do....

So far you are doing excellent though
Message 39 of 71
lonnyphillips
Valued Member

Well said pizza1

Message 40 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.