cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit $75k in credit, 1.6 yrs post BK7. WOW!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hit $75k in credit, 1.6 yrs post BK7. WOW!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Reported my post exactlly for what? I haven't posted anything wrong.

I'd suggest you read the link I posted.  From this sites's TOS:

Attacks, including “Flaming” another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict; 

Message 61 of 71
NRB525
Super Contributor

I had $116k of open credit card debt at the height of the credit bubble. All on low or relatively low APR rates, balanced out with a fair amount of cash in  various accounts. As I began to pay down that debt, I read up on the BK 13 options, and concluded they would not help me at all. I would be better off to maintain control of the situation and follow the 5 year plan which would be imposed on me anyway, and would charge me higher fees than the low APR I was already locked in to.

As a result, I didn't file BK, but I did change my spending habits to get the debt paid down, I did a "personal and confidential BK13" of my own design. In mid-2014 things started turning, and so I've been able to add some interesting cards over the last several months, but I still get denials because I'm still over $30k in outstanding balances. The pace of payment, however, means $20k by the end of 2015 and then I'll be struggling to find balances to carry on several cards by the end of 2016 Smiley Happy

Even though someone such as myself does not file BK, does not mean I've had an easy time with credit. We all learn, some of us get into a bind, I was relatively fortunate to have resources to dig out of my hole. Others are not so fortunate, and that is why we allow people to file BK: To hit Reset when life throws a bunch of... stuff... your way. People either learn from the experience or they do not learn from the experience, everyone is different.

But many people learn the lessons and are much better for it. Pizza is one of those.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 62 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stagefoursurvior, I never stated what I do for work. Just stated I worked in the finacial industry......BTW congrats on your surival as I lost my grandfather recently to cancer it was a six year battle for him

Message 63 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

116K in CC debt. Nice.

Did you ever partake in the high bank balance bonus chase game?
Message 64 of 71
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
116K in CC debt. Nice.

Did you ever partake in the high bank balance bonus chase game?

No, just plan cash advances, then kiting balances to better, For Ever, offers at low APR when they came up. The Forever APR of 1.99%, 2.99% or 4.99% was a different kind of bonus, one I liked Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 65 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember that being a thing on a certain travel site.
Message 66 of 71
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

not sure why anyone would question her rebuild, lots of people o these boards have similar cards, credit lines and rebuild stories. I am not even a year from my discharge and I could probably have close to that in credit lines if I accepted all the store lines offered. I think everyone's rebuild is interesting and helpful for people considering bankruptcy. I thoroughly researched filing bankruptcy before filing since I wanted to know what I was in for.
Message 67 of 71
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

It shouldn't surprise me any more but it still does that people who profess to be adults can act so childishly on an internet forum.

I removed several posts that were most definitely less than friendly, supportive, or respectful. State your case but do so in the right way.

Continued violations of the TOS can lead to more editing, possible loss of posting ability, and even banning.

Anyone who feels I've acted in haste or gone too far can, as always, plead their case to an admin.

Message 68 of 71
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

It shouldn't surprise me any more but it still does that people who profess to be adults can act so childishly on an internet forum.

I removed several posts that were most definitely less than friendly, supportive, or respectful. State your case but do so in the right way.

Continued violations of the TOS can lead to more editing, possible loss of posting ability, and even banning.

Anyone who feels I've acted in haste or gone too far can, as always, plead their case to an admin.

I trust your judgement, but I never saw the posts. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 69 of 71
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

As you were, Bulldog.

Everything is stowed and squared away, smoke 'em if you got 'em!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 70 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.