Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit submit button twice on app!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit submit button twice on app!!

Hi all,

have any of you apped twice for the same card by accident? Well my BF just did and he got the same message back of will require 30 days to process your request.

Now he didn't  mean to but he thought it didn't go through the first time it was just slow or something and he apped again. Will this hurt his chances of maybe being approved? The apps were like 2 minutes apart.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: Hit submit button twice on app!!

Your BF should give them a call and ask. If he does get turned down because of the double app, definitely try a recon. A manual review would likely correct the mistake.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply we freaked out when he did it. he thinks they will think he was trying to do something unlawful.
Message 3 of 8
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Even if they think it was on purpose, it isn't illegal to apply twice. If it's against their rules that would only mean an auto deny for the second app.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. He was just kidding. He is going to give them a call monday and give them a heads up regardless. At least wants to be considered for the first app before the big decline. Is 30 day review a good sign or usual denial?
Message 5 of 8
krdvg

Is 30 day review a good sign or usual denial? --- Which card was the application for?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was an aaa rewards visa backed by FIA/Bank of America Good rates and terms. got the app back in march and just decided about it yesterday. I hope he gets it.
Message 7 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

laila08 wrote:
It was an aaa rewards visa backed by FIA/Bank of America Good rates and terms. got the app back in march and just decided about it yesterday. I hope he gets it.

My mother has that card w/ a 25k CL.  She's also had it for 15 years, but keeps it b/c of the promo offers.  Last year she got a 0% offer and replaced her heating and cooling system, as well as a new water heater.  Good deal.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.