cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm...Discover Is Interested In Me Too!

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Hmmm...Discover Is Interested In Me Too!

Anybody remember my thread from a few days ago about AMEX wanting me, and I joked about Discover eventually sending me stuff too?

discover.PNG

Looks like Discover is curious in me as well XD wonder when I'll get a mailing for it! Likely won't jump though, if it's just the plain ol' IT with no bonuses it'll just be fed to the shredder...interesting that they inquired on my EQ, but when my brother applied they pulled TU...

WHY DO THESE CREDITORS DO THIS TO ME D: gosh, i can't even accurately guess what they'd pull for a hard pull anymore XD

Besides, if (many years) later on I decide to get Discover, I'd rather get the $50 bonus referral from my brother or boyfriend! Or, if a real Discover card does not fit my taste down the road, I'd rather get a Walmart card for the free FICO and the satisfaction of having something on the Discover network.

Does anybody else get these PRMs (soft pulls for offers) on other bureaus that a creditors doesn't typically pull?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Hmmm...Discover Is Interested In Me Too!

Last time I remember Discover giving a bonus was last year.
Message 2 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Last time I remember Discover giving a bonus was last year.

Yeah, and that was for the More, wasn't it?

Well, maybe when the "newness" of the IT fades and popularity declines, they'll start offering sign up bonuses again to get people to sign up. We will have to wait and see!

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yep! Guess they think the $50 buck referral was enough.
Message 4 of 6
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Why don't you apply for the Discover IT card? Let your brother or boyfriend refer you.

Message 5 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Why don't you apply for the Discover IT card? Let your brother or boyfriend refer you.

I'm good for right now with my 6 (soon to be 7, with my Blue Sky offer) cards.

And especially considering impending inquiries in the next 2-3 years of: 2 years worth of potential Graduate Plus loans, potential auto loan, and apartment inquiries.

I'm holding off. Also, I have an obsession about reaching the 800s, so apping at this point in time for the Discover card doesn't make sense to me! But it is something to think about for the future!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.