Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm, I could have sworn my Freedom statement would cut near midnite the day of

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Hmmm, I could have sworn my Freedom statement would cut near midnite the day of

Am I going crazy lol? My statement closing date for my Freedom card is the 21st. Well, I just checked my account because I had a few pending purchases I thought I would have to pay before the statement cut. Well, at 12:03 am  the statement had already cut for the month of May. I didn't think it would close until around 11 tonight. Maybe I'm confusing them with my QS which typically closes around midnight on the 6th with a statement date of the 5th. I don't usually check my Freedom like that, but just wanted to make sure I zeroed out the balance before the statement cut.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Hmmm, I could have sworn my Freedom statement would cut near midnite the day of

There's still hope!

Pay the entire current balance in full and Chase will report to the bureaus again if the new balance is zero.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hmmm, I could have sworn my Freedom statement would cut near midnite the day of

@Ghoshida wrote:
There's still hope!

Pay the entire current balance in full and Chase will report to the bureaus again if the new balance is zero.

+1

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always pay before the statement cuts, even while the charges are still pending. This is how I've been paying my Chase cards. I just add the current balance and the pending balance. I really like that Chase lets you do this. I'm annoyed that Cap1 doesn't allow you to pay when you have a $0 balance and a charge that's pending, or no more than 10% above your current balance. 

Message 4 of 8
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can always pay before the statement cuts, even while the charges are still pending. This is how I've been paying my Chase cards. I just add the current balance and the pending balance. I really like that Chase lets you do this. I'm annoyed that Cap1 doesn't allow you to pay when you have a $0 balance and a charge that's pending, or no more than 10% above your current balance. 

Thanks for the info! I've somehow never realized that Chase allows this. I'm often annoyed that lenders won't allow me to pay pending balances and occasionally do push payments to force them to take it, even though I prefer to pull payments from their individual sites overall. I guess I just always assumed Chase also wouldn't let me pay pending charges but never tried. 

Message 5 of 8
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually had a negative balance because I did want to cover my pending charges, but I thought I would need  to add a little bit more because of a few last minute purchases. So, it was fine, I was just surprised the satement cut when it did. And I agree, I like that Chase allows it, very convenient.

Message 6 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

I pay Chase cards just after they cut.  Gives me 2 for 1 Fico alerts and still keeps utilization in check.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

I pay Chase cards just after they cut.  Gives me 2 for 1 Fico alerts and still keeps utilization in check.

Oooh. I like this. I have pretty much all of my statements closing around the same time. I will definitely keep this in mind if I want an up to date snapshot mid-month. I knew and have experienced that they'll update upon zero'ing the account, but hadn't thought of it in that way. Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.