cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm for 203k AA miles or Marriott for 336k w/ only 1 or 2 personal cards reporting

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Hmmm for 203k AA miles or Marriott for 336k w/ only 1 or 2 personal cards reporting

Wow with SPG 35k Bonus for personal and busines there are some nice options for a boat load of points.

American Airlines

Get the SPG personal and Business for     100k   (40kx1.25)x2

Citi Bus or Personal                                          63k   (60k offer)

Barclay                                                                40K

Total                                                                    203k

Marriott

SPG personal & Business                        246k  

Add Marriott bus not 5/24??                       90k  (5k on 2x categories)

Total                                                            336k

The same can be done w/ United and Alaska

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hmmm for 203k AA miles or Marriott for 336k w/ only 1 or 2 personal cards reporting

Don't overlook Marriott's Flight and Stay packages.

for 330K you can get 120K AA miles and a Cat7 cert for 7 nights.

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hmmm for 203k AA miles or Marriott for 336k w/ only 1 or 2 personal cards reporting

Speaking of the SPG.. Trying to figure out personally if the 35k offer for more spend 3k+2k or whatever it is for 35k points is worth it or do incognito mode for the 30k SPG offer on personal with 3k spend.  I have been wanting to pick up the SPG prior to the merger as not sure what will happen if Amex will keep a CC version or if Chase will get it or whatever.  Just want to be prepared either way prior to the merger.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already done the Personal but may go after the biz version after I burn up my last AA Plat's bonus.
Message 4 of 6
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't overlook Marriott's Flight and Stay packages.

for 330K you can get 120K AA miles and a Cat7 cert for 7 nights.

You are right.  That is probally the best value to get out of Marriott.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 6
redpat
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Speaking of the SPG.. Trying to figure out personally if the 35k offer for more spend 3k+2k or whatever it is for 35k points is worth it or do incognito mode for the 30k SPG offer on personal with 3k spend.  I have been wanting to pick up the SPG prior to the merger as not sure what will happen if Amex will keep a CC version or if Chase will get it or whatever.  Just want to be prepared either way prior to the merger.

CC, I think Marriott wouid like to keep Amex in the mix, loyal w/ a lot of $$s spent on travel.  Right now at least w/ SPG you get 3x on spend.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.