Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmmm...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm...

It's amazing what a year's worth of good credit will do.  Sometime last year, I applied for Amex Blue - big fat denial.  Scores were mid-600's and no baddies.  Over half of my cards reached their 1st birthday last month, scores now 674 EQ, 699 TU & EX.  Applied for Blue about 10 minutes ago.  Approved with $6K CL.  Woohoo!

Now I can ditch my one year old HSBC card that has hasn't budged from the original $500 CL and comes with an annual fee.  I'm just a tad bit excited.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hmmmm...

Super Congrats HouseHunter!!! Smiley Happy

It's truly miraculous what time, timing and higher FICO scores
will do. You should be very proud of yourself!

Congrats once again!  Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep its time to "Bury That Sucker" Ha HA Insert SmileysJK credit 08
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it's not like I'm going to use it much or anything.  I just like seeing those larger CL's because the more total credit I have the better if I'm ever in a situation where I'm forced to use credit cards - emergencies, job loss, god only knows what, etc.  Been through that the first part of this year after an accident and was forced to use 20% of my total credit between two cards.  Had my overall CL's been large enough during that time, I would have been okay with utilization and my scores would be well over 700 right now. 

I took advantage of the 0% interest on transfers and I transferred the balance from one of my higher interest cards to the Blue card at the time of application and plan to have it paid off within four to five months.  At that time, my utilization will be well below acceptable limits and I should see my scores increase quite a bit.

I've never had an Amex card before and am not really sure what the buzz is all about but it seems to be the card to have, according to those on this board.  If nothing else, now I have at least one card with each of the major logos.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear househunter I"m sorry to hear that the best of luck to you hope you recover completely at God Speed. Credit 08
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.