Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold'em or Fold'em?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hold'em or Fold'em?

cobra19, Point well taken, thank you. As of 1st next week, its bye. bye, little cardy, HA!
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that closed positive accounts report for 10 years after they're closed.  You won't lose the history or the age until that time comes anyway.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar, Does that mean its a good or bad thing. far as ten years & aging on closed account. Can explain please?
Message 13 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
cheddar, Does that mean its a good or bad thing. far as ten years & aging on closed account. Can explain please?

These accounts will continue to report and have a positive effect on your FICO scoring for ten years. I would close them if I were you.

I do have a question though. Let's say I close a 6 month old credit card. In 6 more months, would that account be considered a year old, or 6 months?
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

These accounts will continue to report and have a positive effect on your FICO scoring for ten years. I would close them if I were you.

I do have a question though. Let's say I close a 6 month old credit card. In 6 more months, would that account be considered a year old, or 6 months?

Age of any account is determined by its open date, whether it's currently open or closed.  In the situation you describe, the card would be a year old.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flatbroke_Again wrote:

As FM posted above, this is a good thing.

It means that if you close those accounts today, they will continue to benefit you for 10 more years, contributing to payment history and average age of accounts during that time.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.