Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Cow....Just got approved for Amex Clear

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Cow....Just got approved for Amex Clear

I had previously applied for the Amex clear card in April and was denied. over the past two months several inquires fell off and 2 paid collections fell off. I tried again today just because I was bored and when I was denied the last time they never pulled any of my credit reports.  So I said what the hay.  To my shock I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $12,800.  I have the blue card with them a $2000 limit and I had the gold card which I closed a few months ago so I would not have to pay a fee. I checked my ex and tu reports and there is an inquiry on ex.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Holy Cow....Just got approved for Amex Clear

Congratz.

That is a nice credit limit.   How long have you had your blue card?  Also, what was the reason for denial the first time?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had previously applied for the Amex clear card in April and was denied. over the past two months several inquires fell off and 2 paid collections fell off. I tried again today just because I was bored and when I was denied the last time they never pulled any of my credit reports.  So I said what the hay.  To my shock I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $12,800.  I have the blue card with them a $2000 limit and I had the gold card which I closed a few months ago so I would not have to pay a fee. I checked my ex and tu reports and there is an inquiry on ex.

Congrats...It sounds like you made out OK then........ 12k VERY NICESmiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the blue in October.  The reason I was denied the first time, they said my amex score was to low because the length of time I had credit with them, to many inquires, and past collections with other creditors even though they were paid collections.  That's why they didn't do a hard pull because they do there on scoring first. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! The Clear is such a cool looking card lol.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I use this card and it's pretty good.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.