Holy Cow....Just got approved for Amex Clear

I had previously applied for the Amex clear card in April and was denied. over the past two months several inquires fell off and 2 paid collections fell off. I tried again today just because I was bored and when I was denied the last time they never pulled any of my credit reports.  So I said what the hay.  To my shock I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $12,800.  I have the blue card with them a $2000 limit and I had the gold card which I closed a few months ago so I would not have to pay a fee. I checked my ex and tu reports and there is an inquiry on ex.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Holy Cow....Just got approved for Amex Clear

Congratz.

That is a nice credit limit.   How long have you had your blue card?  Also, what was the reason for denial the first time?

New Contributor

newbeeneedadvise wrote:

I had previously applied for the Amex clear card in April and was denied. over the past two months several inquires fell off and 2 paid collections fell off. I tried again today just because I was bored and when I was denied the last time they never pulled any of my credit reports.  So I said what the hay.  To my shock I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $12,800.  I have the blue card with them a $2000 limit and I had the gold card which I closed a few months ago so I would not have to pay a fee. I checked my ex and tu reports and there is an inquiry on ex.

Congrats...It sounds like you made out OK then........ 12k VERY NICE:smileywink:

I got the blue in October.  The reason I was denied the first time, they said my amex score was to low because the length of time I had credit with them, to many inquires, and past collections with other creditors even though they were paid collections.  That's why they didn't do a hard pull because they do there on scoring first. 

Contributor

Congrats! The Clear is such a cool looking card lol.

Starting Score: 626 (July '10)
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Congrats. I use this card and it's pretty good.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.