newbeeneedadvise

Holy Cow....Just got approved for Amex Clear

I had previously applied for the Amex clear card in April and was denied. over the past two months several inquires fell off and 2 paid collections fell off. I tried again today just because I was bored and when I was denied the last time they never pulled any of my credit reports.  So I said what the hay.  To my shock I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $12,800.  I have the blue card with them a $2000 limit and I had the gold card which I closed a few months ago so I would not have to pay a fee. I checked my ex and tu reports and there is an inquiry on ex.

Frequent Contributor
joestay

Re: Holy Cow....Just got approved for Amex Clear

Congratz.

That is a nice credit limit.   How long have you had your blue card?  Also, what was the reason for denial the first time?

New Contributor
5thWheel

newbeeneedadvise wrote:

I had previously applied for the Amex clear card in April and was denied. over the past two months several inquires fell off and 2 paid collections fell off. I tried again today just because I was bored and when I was denied the last time they never pulled any of my credit reports.  So I said what the hay.  To my shock I was instantly approved with a credit limit of $12,800.  I have the blue card with them a $2000 limit and I had the gold card which I closed a few months ago so I would not have to pay a fee. I checked my ex and tu reports and there is an inquiry on ex.

Congrats...It sounds like you made out OK then........ 12k VERY NICE:smileywink:

newbeeneedadvise

I got the blue in October.  The reason I was denied the first time, they said my amex score was to low because the length of time I had credit with them, to many inquires, and past collections with other creditors even though they were paid collections.  That's why they didn't do a hard pull because they do there on scoring first. 

Contributor
Alexandria

Congrats! The Clear is such a cool looking card lol.

Starting Score: 626 (July '10)
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
asteroidblues

Congrats. I use this card and it's pretty good.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}