cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

I knew I should have taken the number with me!! I got in the car and was dying to call them back and ask for more... I don't know why my advice to others in the past would not be the same for myself now especially with Barlay! but they are already closedSmiley Sad

How about thoughts on a 2nd Barclay Card, Thinking Travelocity or AirTran... we had seen it a few months back but not sure if that was a little out of norm or not.

But that person I think not only got approved for both but was able to get increases on both with calls back in.

Message 41 of 131
CS800
Super Contributor

Try the LL Bean, I read that they are good with CL.  DO a search on here.

Message 42 of 131
dalebb
Valued Contributor

i have the thought of spreading out, sure i have 2 amex cards, but 1 is a charge card and other is credit card, why have multi cards with 1 player? when they should give u 1 card and raise the CL?

Message 43 of 131
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Seems people have luck with Barclay. I remember applying one couple months ago with no such luck.

When I tried the recon number they simply declined my application without me having a chance to appeal.Maybe I'll give it another go next year or so.

Congrats people for getting in with Barclay.

Message 44 of 131
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

trumpet, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for approvals/denials. I mean, after all they put it in a computer and 30 seconds later give you an answer (or at least they did for me). And as far as recons, who knows maybe you got a grumpy Barclay's rep.

Your scores are better than mine. Hopefully Barclay's will give me my updated TU FICO when they send me the card. But if you want, I'd just try again. Your scores should make you a shoe-in.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 45 of 131
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'd like to pick up this card, AMEX Zync, Discover More in July. Close out 2 of my current bankcards. Fingers crossed!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 46 of 131
john398
Senior Contributor

Which CRA do they pull? I forget

Message 47 of 131
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I had to run some errands this afternoon, so I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get a CLI. I'll post the results tomorrow.

I know this may be a silly question, but can the Apple card only be used for Apple products, or anywhere since it's a visa? It's a little confusing to me because there are no benefits related to Apple. So, if it can be used anywhere, I wonder why they call it an Apple card. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 48 of 131
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Which CRA do they pull? I forget

TransUnion

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 49 of 131
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I had to run some errands this afternoon, so I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get a CLI. I'll post the results tomorrow.

I know this may be a silly question, but can the Apple card only be used for Apple products, or anywhere since it's a visa? It's a little confusing to me because there are no benefits related to Apple. So, if it can be used anywhere, I wonder why they call it an Apple card. Smiley Happy

It's accepted wherever VISA is accepted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 50 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.