cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

tag
sandsanta
Contributor

Re: Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

I just got a CLI up to 2k for the apple card.  Time to look at ipads I suppose.

Message 81 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am SO jealous!  I need a new Mac and I want an iPad also.  Still plodding along here on my old PowerBook G4....  

This time next year, Barclays Apple card here I come!!!

Message 82 of 131
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just got off phone with Barclay and they were not willing to increase my line from the $1300 I was  approved for yesterday, said the BK was to new... He said 6-12 Months before they will increase.... oh well.

Message 83 of 131
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

WooHoo!!! I just got off the phone and they gave me $2200! My highest CL so far... $200 MORE than NFCU! (though that's not showing on my CR yet) Smiley Happy

The guy asked a lot of questions about work, income, why I opened so many cards in the last year. Then said I had done a good job paying everything on time so far, and he approved me for $2200.

Thank you everyone for all of your encouragement! I was SO scared to call! When he put me on hold, I sat here with all of my fingers crossed and bated breath. When he came back on the line, I totally expected him to say, "Sorry, we can't increase your CL at this time." Completely shocked and thrilled that he gave me $2200! Yay! Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 84 of 131
john398
Senior Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Haha I did call and recon my CLI. They upped it to 2K! They have amazingly friendly customer service. I'm looking forward to developing a long standing relationship with Barclay's. They've really extended me quite the olive branch. In turn, I will show them tremendous loyalty.

see arent you glad you called? anyway i need to open my online account too bad  this card does not offer rewards other than 0% financing for apple store

Message 85 of 131
CS800
Super Contributor

The recon is a great thing. I needed a macbook pro so I told the guy and he upped my CL to $3700. The MBP itself is $2100

Message 86 of 131
john398
Senior Contributor

looks like there will be some good black friday deals at apple

can someone tell me if you go  into an apple store can they call barclays and get your account info before you get the card?

here is the deals link i found http://9to5mac.com/2011/11/22/apples-black-friday-2011-deals-revealed-discounts-on-ipad-ipod-imac-ma...

Message 87 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for between $500-$1000. Was VERY surprised to see $1900. When my card arrives I'll be heading down to the Apple store and purchasing the 3G iPad2. It's very exciting. My computer is totally shot and this will be an affordable way to get something -- as well as build my credit with a major institution.

You were asking earlier if "they" want you to use it or not.....HAHA, "they" want you to get everything in the Apple store and make that minimum for a while! Lol

Message 88 of 131
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for between $500-$1000. Was VERY surprised to see $1900. When my card arrives I'll be heading down to the Apple store and purchasing the 3G iPad2. It's very exciting. My computer is totally shot and this will be an affordable way to get something -- as well as build my credit with a major institution.

You were asking earlier if "they" want you to use it or not.....HAHA, "they" want you to get everything in the Apple store and make that minimum for a while! Lol

It dovetails, for some with weaker profiles/ payment histories and higher overall UTI may be best to keep UTI on card under 50% ASAP and make large payment to increase 'payment scores' and potentially increase odds of avoiding AA in the 1st 6 months when they seem to scrutinize app patterns and activity even moreso.  In any case, Congrats to all on the whirlwind of nice approvals! Treat those puppies right Smiley Very Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 89 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read the title of this post and saw 9 pages of replies, so I had to see what all the talk was about,......(yes I read all 9 pages Smiley Very Happy )

First and Foremost, I want to Congratulate everyone who has been approved for this card and for the CLI's upon recons.

If you've been approved for this card you should instantly call for a recon on the CL, 99% of the posts I've read regarding CLI recons are successful.

When I apped for the Barclays Apple back in May, my TU FICO was a 786 or something, I had just apped for BoA and Discover the same day, was approved on all three, BoA 5K Discover 2K and Barclays 2K and the only other Prime card I had reporting at that time was my AmEx Blue Cash 2K. (Now at 6K)

I called Barclays right after I was instantly approved online for 2K and asked for 3K, he told me that they have matched my highest line, but he would go ahead and CLI me to 2500, I was like ok thank you.

Since then My BoA is 10K, AmEx 6K AmEx BCP 5K and Discover still in the dark ages at 2K (Discover wants to hard me for a CLI, aint gonna happen) I wonder what Barclays would offer me now if I were to call and ask for a CLI? (aint gonna happen tho, they hard pull too for CLI's)

I just wonder if they would come close to matching my other CL's?

I also read a few replies about once being approved for your first Prime Card, its really hard to resist the urge to app for more, and that was my case as well,  I thought out my options, apped for what I wanted (except the Apple Barclay Card) it was actually an accident, I had two tabs open, The Apple Card and the Priceline Visa, and due to me not paying attention, I apped for the Apple instead of the Priceline, I was disappointed at first but, it is what it is.

Once I reached the 790's and 802 EQ, the urge to app went away, I am more interested now in protecting my scores, I actually froze all three CRA's, my plan now is to use what I have and go for CLI's on the cards I use most and cards I know will give me worthwhile CLI's like AmEx and BoA, and I'm sure Barclays would probably give me a nice increase, but I'm just not willing to take a hard for it at this point in time.

Again,

Congratulations to those of you who have been approved for this Card, it was actually a joy reading all the positive posts in this thread, I know we all don't know each other personally, but I recognize a lot of user names in this thread and have read many posts following their credit journey and I am truly happy for you all.

I say YaY!!!!!

Keep up all the great work my fellow MyFico'ersSmiley Happy

Message 90 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.