cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

Now i'm curious to see who has the highest CL with this card. I have heard of $5000 but nothing higher.

Message 21 of 131
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Haha of course I had to app right before thanksgiving. Now it's going to take forever for my card to get here! Does Barclay's send a welcome e-mail or anything? All I've seen is the Approved for $1900.00 on my screen. No e-mails or anything....

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 22 of 131
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

This is from their website (empahsis mine):

How does the card work- Online?

Your new Barclaycard Visa Card can be used one of two ways:

1. Instant Credit- once approved, you will be returned to the Apple Online Store to continue shopping. Go ahead and select items, add them to your cart and check out. NOTE: If your shopping session is inactive for 30 minutes, you will be logged out for security purposes. If your session expires, you can take the following steps to gain access to your instant credit:
    1. Go to www.store.apple.com/us
    2. Select the Barclaycard Visa link on the bottom right of the Apple Online Store home page.
    3. Click the "Check Status" button and follow the directions.
    4. This will reset your Instant Credit session and allow us to pass your account information to Apple during checkout.
  2. For security purposes, you only have one Instant Credit use. Once this is used, you must then wait for your card to arrive in the mail in order to use your new account. The new card should arrive within 7-10 days.
  3. Physical Card – If you prefer, you can wait for your physical card to arrive. You will typically receive your new card in 7-10 business days. You can use it as you would any other credit card, but (if applicable) in order to receive the promotional financing offer, your first purchase from Apple must be made within 30 days of opening your account.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 23 of 131
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well today is the day!!! I just got approved for $1300... Mind you this is about the 7th time I have applied with them!!!

Should I push for more or take it? I mean has anyone asked for more and then actually get closed!!? I don't think I have ever read that but...

I had 2 security questions with the online app that asked about a guy with my same last name that I lived with over 10 years ago... we were not related at all and I did not have answers for that so I said I didn't know... I then got please call us and he just asked me 3 questions on my ss issued in what state, my father first name and what year I graduated HS and then APPROVED!

Message 24 of 131
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! 7 times... Wow! You are sure tenacious! Smiley Happy What are you going to get? Or did you just want to have the card?

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 25 of 131
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just applied, I don't currently need any Apple stuff, I'm a full store already!!!

Message 26 of 131
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It will be nice to have when you want your next Apple goodie! I'd like to start w/iPad and hopefully get CLI when I'm ready to upgrade my PC to a Mac.

Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 131
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Well today is the day!!! I just got approved for $1300... Mind you this is about the 7th time I have applied with them!!!

Should I push for more or take it? I mean has anyone asked for more and then actually get closed!!? I don't think I have ever read that but...

I had 2 security questions with the online app that asked about a guy with my same last name that I lived with over 10 years ago... we were not related at all and I did not have answers for that so I said I didn't know... I then got please call us and he just asked me 3 questions on my ss issued in what state, my father first name and what year I graduated HS and then APPROVED!

Congrats !!

7 times, you're a persistent SOB lol

Message 28 of 131
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Wow 7 times? Congrats! Persistence pays off! Over the course of how long did all those app's occur?

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 29 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for the iPad. You'll love it. I bought one 3 weeks ago and since then, I've used my laptop twice. I do everything on my iPad now.

Btw, you'll get a welcome email telling you to use your card IMMEDIAtELY in a few days
Message 30 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.