cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Holy Crap APPROVED for Barclay's Apple!!!!

@bichonmom wrote:

I had to run some errands this afternoon, so I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get a CLI. I'll post the results tomorrow.

I know this may be a silly question, but can the Apple card only be used for Apple products, or anywhere since it's a visa? It's a little confusing to me because there are no benefits related to Apple. So, if it can be used anywhere, I wonder why they call it an Apple card. Smiley Happy

I also find it strange that this card has no mention of Apple on it like the other Barclay Cards do (example LL Bean)

It's a visa and can be used anywhere visa is accepted.

Message 51 of 131
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you! I'm so excited to have this card. Smiley Happy Got my email tonight welcoming me. Yay! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 52 of 131
john398
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Which CRA do they pull? I forget

TransUnion

Thanks my walmart TU score is 665 with 2 inq last year not sure I should try

Message 53 of 131
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Once you start getting prime cards, the urge to app will eat you alive Smiley Happy

Truer words have never been spoken! I have to fight the urge to app daily. 

Congrats to all those who got in with Barclays! I have their NFL card with a low limit, but this was after calling for a recon twice after being denied, so I decided not to complain about the limit and just enjoy my card. They said to call back in a few months and they'll try and get it raised! They have by far the friendliest reps I've ever talked to; they're real and personable...not reading from a script or computer prompts. 

Photobucket
Message 54 of 131
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

bichon, hmmm i didn't get my e-mail yet.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 55 of 131
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Yay! Big day for MyFico'ers with Barclay's. Looks like Christmas came a little early. And yes, Bichon, I've basically only known denials so it was a bit shocking seeing "Approved!" on my computer screen.

Today was a very good day. One of the best I've had in a long time.

I'm really happy for the both of you! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 56 of 131
john398
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict just curious what was your util at time of app?

Message 57 of 131
john398
Senior Contributor

Holly cow, never mind credit addict I decided to pull the trigger anyway

Credit limit:<$1,190.00>

Deciding weather to get an iPad or not  I know intreast rate otherwise is pretty high also should I call tomorrow for a recon

Message 58 of 131
sandsanta
Contributor

I'm with John.  I decided to pull the trigger on a Barclays Apple card on account of new laptop purchase coming up in about a month and got approved for $1,290.  Should I call to recon the CLI?  My overall util is < 5% and PIF everything.

Message 59 of 131
john398
Senior Contributor

I am thinking I should call tomorrow and see if they will match the credit limit on my chase freedom card, its 2k

Message 60 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.