Frequent Contributor
Kathy4NU

Holy buckets Batman - What did Sam's club do?

So after I closed on my house I went on an app spree.  Got approved for a Sam's club  card.  A whole whopping $400.  I immediatly asked for a higher limit and was turned down.  I maxed it out, paid it off, maxed it out and paid it off.  I let the balance sit for about 2 weeks before paying off.  I asked for a credit increase and was turned down.  Decided to hell with them, I let the card sit ideal for 30 days.  I log onto my account to make sure I paid off before interest hit and verify I am truely at 0 balance (I am).  But notice they increased my limit to $1700!!! 

Holy buckets!!!  That is a $1300 uninitiated increase.  

How often should I expect these increases?

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Holy buckets Batman - What did Sam's club do?

Congrats on the auto luv

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

09Lexie

Congratulations! YMMV but a good rule of thumb is after every 4th statement you can request a CLI
Valued Member
Poki

Not the first time I read this story. I'm beginning to wonder if its a good idea to hold on to a new account for at least 4 months.

Anyhow, that's a nice bump!

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}