cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy crap. Just approved for Discover It card and a couple others.

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Holy crap. Just approved for Discover It card and a couple others.

Don't know what got into me today, but I decided to app for a few "dream" cards, even though I was going to wait.  But I applied at my top 3 places and got approved for all three:

Discover It Card: $10,000 CL (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Chase Freedom Card: $5000 (!!!!!!)

AMEX Zync: no predetermined limit (!!!!!)

Good bye to my low limit Capital One "Platinum" and Barclay Visa cards.  

Today is a damn good day!

edit: 

Approved for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $1,000 CL (Smiley Sad). I will CLI in 60 days.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
A_Madel
Contributor

Re: Holy crap. Just approved for Discover It card and a couple others.

Smiley Very Happy Congrats! Enjoy your new cards!

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 2 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Ya, kind of makes me wish I went for the AMEX Blue Cash...

I guess I'll try for that one in a year. Smiley Happy

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 3 of 43
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Razeus, if you just apped today.  Go back and app for bcp.  Might even only get one hard inquiry for both card apps if you do it today.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 43
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Also, chill out after that.  Don't be one of those no keep apping until they start getting rejections.

Message 5 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Ya, I just did.  It's going to go under review and the will let me know of the status.  "In progress".

I'm done apping now.  I've got all I could need at this time.

My Wallet:
Message 6 of 43
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

Ya, I just did.  It's going to go under review and the will let me know of the status.  "In progress".

I'm done apping now.  I've got all I could need at this time.

Go check the application status online.  Often get that message with 2nd app in one day.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Oh if it shows in progress tomorrow, I would recommend calling in as it often means they need more info from you.  Usually they want to do ID verification.  They sometimes get weirded out from multiple apps with new customer.  Is it identify fraud etc.?

Message 7 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Ya, I checked the status.  It shows in progress.  I'll call them tomorrow if it still shows.  I had to call in to Discover and basically do a ID check.  Passed with flying colors.

My Wallet:
Message 8 of 43
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

Ya, I checked the status.  It shows in progress.  I'll call them tomorrow if it still shows.  I had to call in to Discover and basically do a ID check.  Passed with flying colors.

If you got ID check with Discover, might want to call into Amex now and see if it is ID check issue as well. 1-866-314-0237

Message 9 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Done.

Approved, but only for $1,000.  The rep said I can request an increase after 60 days.  Good enough for me.  I'll be calling back November 1.  Thanks so much for your help.

My Wallet:
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.