cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy crap. Just approved for Discover It card and a couple others.

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Holy crap. Just approved for Discover It card and a couple others.

FiCO's.  

What is AAAoA?

Edit: Average Age of Account.

Called CapOne to see if they could upgrade my current card to a Cash Rewards card.  They said there aren't any options for me and I would need to app for another card.  Being that I got the 4 dream cards already in just 1 day, I didn't want to risk being denied.  I'll hold on to the card for another year to let me 4 new cards age and cancel the Capital One card so I don't get hit with an annual fee.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 21 of 43
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

FiCO's.  

What is AAAoA?

Edit: Average Age of Account.

Called CapOne to see if they could upgrade my current card to a Cash Rewards card.  They said there aren't any options for me and I would need to app for another card.  Being that I got the 4 dream cards already in just 1 day, I didn't want to risk being denied.  I'll hold on to the card for another year to let me 4 new cards age and cancel the Capital One card so I don't get hit with an annual fee.

where did you get your ex fico?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 22 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I got TU and EX from this site.  Cost a pretty penny.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 23 of 43
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

you mean you got your TU and EQ score here, MYFICO does not sell EX Fico's anymoreSmiley Happy. do you know what your AAoA is then?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 24 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

Very nice Discover limit!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@Razeus wrote:

you mean you got your TU and EQ score here, MYFICO does not sell EX Fico's anymoreSmiley Happy. do you know what your AAoA is then?

Close to 6 years.

The Cap one will be closed since I know it doesn't affect my AAoA, just my utilization.  But since my 4 new cards combined have more CL than CapOne, I don' t think my utilization will be problem.

My Wallet:
Message 26 of 43
gettnthere
Established Contributor

gotcha Smiley Wink BIG Congrats on the Discover Limit! Discover must have Really Seen something they like to start you with such a HUGE limit, espicially with Sub 700 scores. thats awesome tho!! Enjoy your new cards

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 27 of 43
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

No kiddng ha! They must have really liked you... They denied my CLI request based on my TU report which is the cleanest of my 3

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 28 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys.   Yes, I'm still in shock I was 4 for 4 on my app spree and got great limits.  That's NEVER happened.  And yes, Discover must have some wicked voodoo formula that worked in my favor.  I think it has to do with the mortgage I closed a couple of weeks ago, but I doubt that would show up yet, but it's nice to check the box that says "own" rather than rent. It should arrive Wednesday (they send in 2 days, as oppose to 7-10 days that everyone else does).

My Wallet:
Message 29 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Well I pushed my luck.

Called up Barclays to increase my current CL of $500 (3 years old) to something respectable.  They only bumped it up $350.  

Apped for Chase Sapphire (non-Preferred) and got the "we need to evaluate".  Called the back door number and explained, that yes I've opened a few cards yesterday, but I bank with Chase and have savings there.  They brought up my student loan lates, but I told them that was last year and should become a year old in October, but I've never been late on a card payment.  She replied they gave me the Freedom card and will see how I do with that.  

Oh well.  At least I'll get the denial letter to get my free credit reports to have (I usually pull 2x a year).  September 2013 is marked on my calendar to re-app.  My mortgage HP's in January 2012 (all denied), and May 2012 (approved)  and these recent 5 HP's for credit cards will be all over a year old by then and shouldn't count against me.  Chase Sapphire and AMEX Blue Preferred versions are my targets.

At least I can say I was 4 for 4 on my apps.  Thank you guys for all your help and insight.  Time to hit the garden until fall 2013.  

My Wallet:
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.