Frequent Contributor
desifink

Holy score hit Batman!

DH bought a new motorcycle last month and financed it through HSBC/Suzuki credit card. He was approved for 18k, and the total loan amount ended up being ~17.5k - essentially a maxed out credit card. I transferred 9k of the balance to a 0-balance Penfed visa so both accounts will show less than 50% util. Apparently I didn't do it fast enough, because today's Scorewatch reports show the full HSBC balance and caused a 58-point drop for me and a 42-point drop for him.

*sob*

I'm just hoping that we'll get some of those points back next month when the new balances report. I was really enjoying that 717 too. :smileysad: Guess we'll be joining the credit gardening ranks too...no new credit for us!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}