Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot CLD for non use!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Home Depot CLD for non use!

Was $14,900, they lowered to $5001.00.

I called back door and confirmed it was because no use for 1 year they automatically lower, so I said reinstate like GE does and she said we don't just put it back but we can submit a CLI request... I was like no that is a hard pull, that was the only option according to her.

Anyone have different experience?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Home Depot CLD for non use!

ah c'mon CA you know better use or lose

unless just wanna take your chances.  

dnt have HD, who underwrites?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@score_building wrote:

CITI

Well the thing is in the past if it didn't get used for a while they would send a 10% coupon and 12 month interest free and say you have until such date to use your card or it may be closed... this time nothing... I rather they had closed it out with the $14,900 CL instead of the now $5k that it will close out with. sigh

Message 3 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@score_building wrote:

CITI

Well the thing is in the past if it didn't get used for a while they would send a 10% coupon and 12 month interest free and say you have until such date to use your card or it may be closed... this time nothing... I rather they had closed it out with the $14,900 CL instead of the now $5k that it will close out with. sigh

gotcha, that is a bummer, perhaps if you use it a bit and call back again to request restoral...

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 10
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Was $14,900, they lowered to $5001.00.

I called back door and confirmed it was because no use for 1 year they automatically lower, so I said reinstate like GE does and she said we don't just put it back but we can submit a CLI request... I was like no that is a hard pull, that was the only option according to her.

Anyone have different experience?

Sadly, no, I had an identical experience.

$15,000 --> $5001.  Called to request that the original CL be restored, which they did after a hard pull (I didn't realize at the time that it would be hard).  Then I stupidly didn't use the card immediately after the CLI, and within a couple months they cut it again to $2501.

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Creditaddict....the same just happened to me too. I got the card in February with an initial CL of $500. I called after opening and asked for a CLI to $3000 and was approved. I used pretty much all of it on a new washer and dryer and mini-fridge for the new casa and paid it slowly due to the 0% APR.

Well, the statement just cut this week and Pageonce alerted me this morning to a CLD on that card from $3000 to $2700 and the new CL is within $100 of the balance ($2600something). I also noticed that the CLI request link disappeared too.

Sigh.

ETA...just saw Lel's post...glad I didn't PIF Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
guydiver
Established Contributor

Love my Lowe's card, 10k and holding :-)
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whoops, time to go buy some petunias, I guess.

And the turkeys did do a hard for a CLI.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The funny thing is I also have a Business HD card and it was opened with 5k credit line, I never really used it all that much and then went like a year and got a letter that I had until the following month to use it or they would close it... I went in and bought a 12 pack of bounty, the next month when the statement came they had raised the limit to $7500!

That has also been my experience up until about 2008 with the personal home depot... everytime I used it after a little bit of non use they would increase it! started at $6500 I think it was, up to $9600, up to 12,100, then finally the 14,900 that it has sat at until this CLD.  those increases are as close as I can remember, there may have even just been 2 increases.. it was a fast grower like Macy's

Message 9 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

HA! i was getting finance offers from them all the time. i had 12100CL. but i closed it a month or two ago. i wont ever shop at HD again. LOWES and ACE will get my home improvement business. the employees at lowes where i live are happy and treated nicely, and they are nicer as a result. i feel more at peace when i shop there.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.