Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot CLD

tag
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

Re: Home Depot CLD

I'm sorry this happened to you. That's so frustrating when you were making so much progress and had plans for the card.

@kdm31091 wrote:

Didn't she recently add some inquiries/applications? You mentioned in the garden club. That could have been a trigger point too -- credit seeking along with the high balances, and AA can follow. Sorry to hear it; luckily Home Depot isn't a must have card for most people.

I agree, based on what I've read in this thread, the new accounts/inqs/credit seeking sounds like the most likely culprit, especially if it was already an account they were closely monitoring due to the other cards being maxed out. Maybe the new accounts tipped the balance.

It could also be that even though you were still using the account periodically, maybe your purchases were relatively small in comparison to the credit limit? So perhaps they viewed you as a risk and also decided that being a potentially riskier cardholder they didn't want you to have a large limit you were never using (but could theoretically go max out at any time). This is totally and completely speculation on my part though and maybe I'm way off base.

Perhaps you could call and talk to an analyst about having the limit reinstated, especially if you wait until you're ready to make the AC purchase and let them know that's why you need it.

Good luck either way!

Message 11 of 12
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Home Depot CLD

@Kevin86475391 wrote:

I'm sorry this happened to you. That's so frustrating when you were making so much progress and had plans for the card.

@kdm31091 wrote:

Didn't she recently add some inquiries/applications? You mentioned in the garden club. That could have been a trigger point too -- credit seeking along with the high balances, and AA can follow. Sorry to hear it; luckily Home Depot isn't a must have card for most people.

I agree, based on what I've read in this thread, the new accounts/inqs/credit seeking sounds like the most likely culprit, especially if it was already an account they were closely monitoring due to the other cards being maxed out. Maybe the new accounts tipped the balance.

It could also be that even though you were still using the account periodically, maybe your purchases were relatively small in comparison to the credit limit? So perhaps they viewed you as a risk and also decided that being a potentially riskier cardholder they didn't want you to have a large limit you were never using (but could theoretically go max out at any time). This is totally and completely speculation on my part though and maybe I'm way off base.

Perhaps you could call and talk to an analyst about having the limit reinstated, especially if you wait until you're ready to make the AC purchase and let them know that's why you need it.

Good luck either way!

This was my thought as well, but we don't KNOW that.

Thought of this too, but it's DW's account and getting her to deal with anything financial is a lot like asking a man with one leg to run a marathon...

For the moment, our existing AC is working, and we've got a little cash in our savings account.... we may just not need to finance one anyway.  We shall see.

Thanks tho!  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.