Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot CLI DECLINED !!

tag
amg550
Valued Member

Home Depot CLI DECLINED !!

I currently have a 712 score as they pulled just closed on a house last week I do have a $500 limit with HD never been late but when the time I request a CLI they decline me for various reason that were dated 6 years back from my bk like not sure why they see that I did close on a house with no problems anyone I can talk to for a recon ?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: Home Depot CLI DECLINED !!

Call the # on the back of the card and ask them personally.

I have had my HD card for a while, I had a $500 limit too. Recently I asked for $2000 in total and it was approved right away, Not sure how much I could have gotten away with... I should have asked for moe, Since I did Sears at the same time, I had $500 there and asked for $2000 and received $5000 lol.

Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I agree you should call in.

Good luck!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I was recently approved for the HD card.  I got a $500 limit, I called the backdoor number and reconned the limit, I was bumped up to $2200.  I say call in.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 4 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Call in and tell them you want new appiances or something like that. Tell them it will cost around $5k to get what you want... I did this when I first got their card and it worked like a charm.

Went from $2k to $6500k instant.

Good luck!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 10
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Ughh... I was tempted because of my approval, I called them and asked to use the same report as the last one (Less than a month ago) they said that's fine, In order to avoid an extra inquiry. I asked for $5,000 which is what my Sears card was approved for, They told me I'd receive a letter with my final decision because I wasn't instantly approved for the increase. We all know that means a decline =P

Oh well, Least I tried! You should too. Especially if your last online CLI request was recent!

Message 6 of 10
LesWH
Established Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

I have had my HD card for a while, I had a $500 limit too. Recently I asked for $2000 in total and it was approved right away, Not sure how much I could have gotten away with... I should have asked for moe, Since I did Sears at the same time, I had $500 there and asked for $2000 and received $5000 lol.

Was the Sears a hard or soft pull?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 7 of 10
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

Was the Sears a hard or soft pull?

From what I can tell, Soft.

My limit is already being reported on Credit Karma, But there was no extra inquiry... Just for home depot and staples, Which I actually did all on the same day.

I think it's because I've been using it for a long time with a balance, Giving high payments then reloading it with gas and stuff, I had like a 91% utilization at some point on it, Then I paid it off completely. So I guess that helped me out a lot.

Message 8 of 10
amg550
Valued Member

Okay I called the executive Office and they were able to increase to $1500  guess its better than nothing Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@amg550 wrote:

Okay I called the executive Office and they were able to increase to $1500  guess its better than nothing Smiley Happy

Definitely better than a $500 CL!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.