Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot CLI offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot CLI offer

Received a letter from Home Depot offering to increase my CL from $2600 to $3900 if I make a purchase over $299 by March 14.  Has anyone else received something like this lately?  If I take them up on their offer (I was looking at a new lawnmower anyway), will they HP?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Home Depot CLI offer

I have not received this notice before, although HD has increased my limit twice without me requesting anything.

If all they are stating is that they will increase your limit if you make such a purchase, then no hard pull will result. If you personally request a CLI though through their online form or call them, it will usually result in a hard pull.

HD is actually pretty good about bumping your CL after purchasing a little bit. We never have more than $1,500 in projects on it (12 months no interest), but each time we make a purchase like that and pay it off a couple months later, we get a CLI shortly after (encouraging us to do a bigger project).

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I got this offer before--in the fall I want to say. Didn't take advantage (no projects ATM). We used to spend a LOT and got the reg 90 day CLIs. The spending stopped and this is a way to get you back in. They wont hard pull--it's a gift. Well, they shouldn't anyway.

Message 3 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Received a letter from Home Depot offering to increase my CL from $2600 to $3900 if I make a purchase over $299 by March 14.  Has anyone else received something like this lately?  If I take them up on their offer (I was looking at a new lawnmower anyway), will they HP?

Those marketing departments sure knows how to get people to charge!!

Message 4 of 5
armymom
Regular Contributor

I received the same offer last fall and took advantage of it.  A cli with no hard pull.Smiley Wink

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.