Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Citi card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot Citi card

Kind of curious to when to receive a credit limit increase or ask for one? I checked my report and they have been looking at me once a month for 11 months ( the length of time I have had the card.) I have a pretty good mix of cards but this was a first one for me and its been at $500 since day one! I have called about an increase but they told me it would be a hard pull. Is there any way not to get a hard inquiry on my report or should I just bite the bullet for it. My old riding mower died and would like to get a new one.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Home Depot Citi card

Unfortunately you're going to have to take a HP if you request the CLI. Good new is they usually fulfill the increase request. You could try to call in and tell them you would like to pay for the mower with the card but the limit is useless at $500
Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If you can and want to take the HP for the CLI...you might as well ask for the moon. Like Synch and Lowes, they will counter with what they are willing to give you.

Go online and go to the credit limit request feature. Fill it out, ask for $20k. You will get an email shortly afterwards that there is a document waiting for you.

you'll sign back in, and if your credit limit changed, upon logging in, you know you got one. The document could also be a # for you to call in, and they may want to verify you again before giving you the increase.

Regardless...If you take take the HP, do it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi seems to have something of a dual system when it comes to SP vs HP. In general most are HP but i've requested and received both from them before. Try this link, YMMV as it may tell you a hard pull is required or will specifically say that they won't pull your credit. Depends on their mood?

https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do?NEXT_SCREEN=/ICLI&siteId=CB&cmp=EMC~01~121001~C...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

But yes, if you do HP go for the moon as they will counter.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
daihashi
Valued Member

Home Depot seems to hate me; they flat out denied my CLI request. No counter or anything... that's ok with me since I have better cards to use; the terms and with the HD card aren't particularly thrilling.

In the garden since: 11/12/2015
Starting Scores (11/13/2015): EQ 665 | TU 671 | EX 663
Current Scores (06/25/2016): EQ 690 | TU 711 | EX 700
Goal Score:
720 across all 3 by 07/2016

>

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.