Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot/Citi

tag
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Home Depot/Citi

I was just approved with a $6K SL and wonder if this will enhance, or have any effect, on being apporoved for any other Citi cards? I've had checking/savings for 30 years, closed another co-branded Goodyear card earlier this year, neither of which seemed to help get a Citicard.

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot/Citi

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

I was just approved with a $6K SL and wonder if this will enhance, or have any effect, on being apporoved for any other Citi cards? I've had checking/savings for 30 years, closed another co-branded Goodyear card earlier this year, neither of which seemed to help get a Citicard.

Consensus is that it does not help towards getting approved for other Citi cards.  

Message 2 of 7
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Consensus is that it does not help towards getting approved for other Citi cards.  

Thanks, I didn't think it did based on my scant experience

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I didn't think it did based on my scant experience

Just because it doesn't help specifically with opening a 'backdoor' with Citi doesn't mean it won't help you overall, which could end up helping you get in through the front door!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can tell you first-hand that the HD/Citi card does not help with another Citi card. I got the HD card in April, applied for a Citi DoubleCash in June with a pre-qual offer and soundly turned down. Here's a thread about my experience: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Citi-Double-Cash-Decline/m-p/4095691#M70221

YMMV.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here I had best buy credit card for 4 years I closed the account tried to apply again denied. My fico TU was 700. I applied for the Home Depot approved for $6000 consumer credit card. 6 month s latter applied for best buy again denied. I hate citi bank and no reconsideration for best buy wth
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card though with a nice SL. Whether it helps with other cards of theirs, probably in the long run. IMHO

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.