Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot (Citibank) APR Reduction

tag
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Home Depot (Citibank) APR Reduction

The HD current posted APR rate is 14.99 - 22.99 (Consumer Card).  I'm going to go for a reduction from the 22.99 to the 14.99, which I'm sure I can get.  BUT, has anybody ever heard of anyone being able to get a rate below the 14.99?  Just curious...

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Home Depot (Citibank) APR Reduction

Not to my knowledge the current posted lowest rate for opening a new account is usually the lowest you can get, you may be able to get lower thru special promos from time to time.

Message 2 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The best to you in bringing in an improvement on your HD apr.

Citi is been on a roll lately so hope they keep it going in all the right ways.

Currently my favorite lender and will be apping this one myself for HD plus CLI after approval
Message 3 of 14
PaBill
Regular Contributor

I'm going for a CLI also on HD, along with a CLI on Iberia and a Barclays Arrival WMC app.  All in about a week.  I just figured I'd go for the APR now, before jacking up the CLI.  Any idea which CB Citi is pulling for the HD cards?

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Message 4 of 14
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

14.99 APR on HD credit?   I've never seen anyone get approved for that rate.  The lowest I have seen is 17.99......

Message 5 of 14
krial
Regular Contributor

@PaBill wrote:

I'm going for a CLI also on HD, along with a CLI on Iberia and a Barclays Arrival WMC app.  All in about a week.  I just figured I'd go for the APR now, before jacking up the CLI.  Any idea which CB Citi is pulling for the HD cards?

I just got mine a couple of days ago. Applied online and instantly approved for $601 credit limit. Immediately logged in and clicked CLI button, asked for $5000 and was given 7-10 day message. Literally 2 minutes later I got an email, was approved for $5502 limit.

They pulled at least Experian and TransUnion, I have no way of checking Equifax. I assume they pulled Experian for my app and then TransUnion for the CLI (since the initial limit was low and Experian is my worst report), but that's just a guess.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 6 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Well, OP you've inspired me to ask! I didn't even know what my APR was but it's terrible at 26.99. !!!! YIKES!! So I asked. when I can waste a HP I'm definitely going to raise my CL from the point it is though.
Message 7 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Shockingly, I got a response back from my e-mail I sent with the title APR reduction and supposedly I'm not eligible. LOL Whatever. I know better. Smiley Wink It's ok.. doesn't matter as I would never float balances on here anyway!
Message 8 of 14
PaBill
Regular Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

14.99 APR on HD credit?   I've never seen anyone get approved for that rate.  The lowest I have seen is 17.99......

You're right.  I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I typed 14.99.  It should have been 17.99.  Sorry.  In case you didn't know, they also have a "project" APR that is different.  It's for loans up to 40K, no AF, and for up to 84 months.  The rate is only 7.99%...

Message 9 of 14
PaBill
Regular Contributor

@krial wrote:

@PaBill wrote:

I just got mine a couple of days ago. Applied online and instantly approved for $601 credit limit. Immediately logged in and clicked CLI button, asked for $5000 and was given 7-10 day message. Literally 2 minutes later I got an email, was approved for $5502 limit.

They pulled at least Experian and TransUnion, I have no way of checking Equifax. I assume they pulled Experian for my app and then TransUnion for the CLI (since the initial limit was low and Experian is my worst report), but that's just a guess.

Thanks for the info on the EX and TU pulls.  Congrats on the CLI.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.